Sign in to follow this  

Going to races alone sucks!

I dont get to ride that much since moving here to Charlotte (old, slow and out of shape) so I have not met or made friends with many local riders......and when I ride or race I always go alone which always worries me if I crash and get hurt..........and I often travel to races far away from home........alone. My wife stays home as she does not like going to the track.

For example......This Friday I am headed up to Buds Creek for the weekend to the kick off of the Youth MAMA Mid Atlantic Motocross Association season......they have some classes for us non youth also. :) .....and am going alone.

I am also planning on hitting several of the Pro nationals this year.....including the first 2 rounds in Cal, High Point, Buds Creek & Steel City......any one in the Charlotte area want to share expenses and go to some really cool races?

Any Pro riders need a wrench for the nationals??? I have many years of experience!

Hey Steve, I try and get on the bike every weekend either trail or track so hit me up next time you're going somewhere. Me and another bud are gonna try TrickTank this Saturday, then some more of us are going to Brown Mtn on opening day April 1st and we got a big supermoto ride coming up Apr 5th too if you ever got a tag on your motard.

I dont get to ride that much since moving here to Charlotte (old, slow and out of shape) so I have not met or made friends with many local riders......and when I ride or race I always go alone which always worries me if I crash and get hurt..........and I often travel to races far away from home........alone. My wife stays home as she does not like going to the track.

For example......This Friday I am headed up to Buds Creek for the weekend to the kick off of the Youth MAMA Mid Atlantic Motocross Association season......they have some classes for us non youth also. :) .....and am going alone.

I am also planning on hitting several of the Pro nationals this year.....including the first 2 rounds in Cal, High Point, Buds Creek & Steel City......any one in the Charlotte area want to share expenses and go to some really cool races?

Any Pro riders need a wrench for the nationals??? I have many years of experience!

Last time I went to ride alone, I went to an Arenacross Race in Nashville, Tn. I broke both ankles!!!!!! I live in Florida. Needless to say, it was a rough drive home!!!!!!!!! They just put an air cast on my right ankle so I could drive !!!! If you happen to get to Florida, give me a hollar!! Ill ride with ya!!:banghead:

Last time I went to ride alone, I went to an Arenacross Race in Nashville, Tn. I broke both ankles!!!!!!

When was this?

I seem to remember being in the pits at the Nashville AX a few years back and people talking about someone driving home hurt haha

I know the feeling:thinking: In 2005 I was racing for the points lead in the NCHSA Senior B class and I attended 14 out of 16 races alone,it really does suck:banghead: For fear of being injured and simple moral support:ride: However you will have friends here to hook up with and play in the dirt!

lumpy790 (Steve),

Find out what would make your wife get interested in going? Maybe go up a day early or stay later, hit flea markets, some shopping areas, points of interest - if she has hobbies (you know stuff SHE would be interested in).

Life (marriage) is a compromise!!!

And as Bill stated, you get to Fl or I make a trip up there (planning when there isn't frikkin' snow or leaves!!) I will ride with you or anybody else (track or trails).

Don:thumbsup:

btw, back in '07 I drove home (3 hrs) with a broken colar bone and ripped off tensor facia muscle from the hip after an MX crash. Old guys are just tough!!:)

Where do you live in Charlotte? I am on the south side and ride pretty often.

When was this?

I seem to remember being in the pits at the Nashville AX a few years back and people talking about someone driving home hurt haha

Feb 2006. Cased the crap out of the triple in the rhythm section.

lumpy... my personal e-mail is ts at truespode dot net

Drop me a line... maybe we can ride together sometime.

Ivan