Sign in to follow this  

Stock pilot,main and leak jet.

06 450 should I leave stock alone or should I go up one size on pilot,main and leak jets. I am at about 2200 ft altitutde. Bike does pop,pop, pop on deceleration. I am afraid if I back the fuel screw out much it will loosen and fall out.

You could back the screw out up to about 2 1/2 before you need to up the pilot. I bet you could go a step up the pilo and fine tune the screw. You aren't very high so you are definately feeling a lean pop but may not be as far out as you think on the jetting.

I would 1. throw a 55 leak jet in there and then 2. see how far out on the screw you have to go before the popping stops (FREE).

The 06' runs very well at sea level with the stock jetting, but at 2200' if any thing it would be a little rich (thinner air). Some popping on decel is normal, and if you try to jet it out you usually end up with a bike that is too rich on the pilot. Turn your fuel screw all the way in at a slightly lower idle, if it continues to run the pilot is too rich. If you have to run it more than 3 turns out it is too lean. Whats the temp where you are.