Sign in to follow this  

Need Help!!! Hardest Clutch Pull Ever!!!

Hey guys i really need some help here. I just installed a barnett clutch basket and new clutch cable and moose/arc dc8 perch and lever. My clutch pull was really nice before i changed all of this, and i only changed it because my cable was frayed and my basket was fried. Ive inspected my cable and perch and I cannot figure out what is wrong, it PULLS SOOOO HARD!! HELP QUICK!! Thanks

-"if its got wheels or a skirt, you're gonna have problems..."

Most of the time if the clutch is hard to pull, it's the clutch cable. I know you said your cable is new, but there could be a manufacturing defect. Before you go back into clutch assembly, install you original clutch cable and see if it makes a difference. Also make sure your clutch perch bolt hole where the lever goes, is not a different thickness. If it's incorrect, the shoulder pivot bolt may be letting the nut over tighten the lever making it hard to pull too.

At the advice of Ron Hinson we went back to the stock lever, perch and oem cable,he said you cant beat the oem leverage its spot on.He went on with a bunch more details on why the stock out performed in relation to pull and the amount of pull and how it all plays a role in a proper clutch system..

ok thanks guys ill give that some thought, its just killin me because i just bought that new moose/arc dc8 lever and perch combo, could there be a problem with my lifter assembly i dont know too much about that part. Thanks for all the input.

Liek Throttlejockey said, you should try to put your oem clutch perch/lever back to see if it is still as hard. I already bought a Clutch perch/lever that was supposed to fit all bikes with no problems and after installing it, I could barelly pull in the lever because the cable was rubbing against the inside of the perch.

thanks now that i think about it i think it might be rubbing but i just overlooked it, thanks everyone!