Sign in to follow this  

06 crf250 cdi on 02 crf450 no spark

Put on the 04 crf450 harness and 06 crf250 cdi on my 02 crf450. Crimped on the two correct connectors. Wired everything up to matching colors and Im not getting any spark. Tried my friends 05 crf 450 box and no spark either. Once in a while I will get one good solid spark. tried the 02 harness and box and sure enough I get spark every kick. Any ideas?

Tried the 06 cdi in my friends crf450 and it works. All the 04 harness wires have continuity. The kill switch is working. All grounds are good. I guess I need to check the stator and pulse gen. Are any of the wires matched with different color wires between the 04 and 02 harnesses?

Does anyone have a 04-07 crf450 wiring diagram I could use to match up to my bike?

What is the supposed benefit of doing this, when you have a working proper setup for the bike?

The newer crf's have a more aggresive power curve then the 02-03 crf450's. I wanted to try a 06 crf250 cdi and 05-06 crf450 cdi and get a comparison to the stock cdi I have now in my 02.

I tried my friends coil and it still didn't fix the no spark issue. The only difference between my friends 05 crf450 and my bike so far is that the 05 stator reads 17 ohms and my stator is 12 ohms. Both pulse generators read 246 ohms. Maybe the newer stators put out higher volts and the 02 doesn't push enough volts for the 06 cdi?

I guess it is either the stator in my bike or a problem in my 04 harness?

After further testing if has been narrowed down to the stator. Does anyone know what stators will fit an 02, would 03-07 fit? Should I get the flywheel too so it fits the stator?

i have a 03 crf450 and have no spark after washing it, changed the coil and cdi unit,

still nothing, getting plenty out of the stator, but no power to the coil or spark coming out, removed the harness and cleaned and dried it still nothing, its doing my f#*king head in, any help would be much helped, and would any one have a wiring diagrame for me cheerrs.

If you send me a PM with your email address I can send you the wiring diagram from my 06.

Cant say if its the same as an 03, but one would assume.