Sign in to follow this  

where to ride in york,pa

looking for places to ride in or near york pa.track or trails public or private property.riding buddy also welome i'm a 40+ rider on a 450 exc thanx.

I've heard nothing but good things about Wicky's World down in southern York (near Brogue). http://www.wickysworld.com/WWTRAILMAP09.jpg Their site reads, "1 mile Moto Cross track, 1.5 mile MX track, kiddie track for our beginners, approximately 4 miles of trails and expanding." A friend has ridden there and liked it a lot. I think it just opened late last summer (?). Now here's a link, Wicky's World from the air:

. For some odd reason, they don't have daily rates, only year-long memberships for stupid money (enough to make the failed management at Rausch blush!). But you can go free the first time to check it out. I plan to check it out and when they come out of the ether on the pricing, I think a track AND trail destination hours closer than Rocket sounds promising. http://www.wickysworld.com/Gallery.html

I see tons of trails when i head to ski roundtop. I'm from lancaster and on 30 heading over the river into york i see trails where the railroad tracks are. Also, once you past the harley shop, the next bridge(remember this is heading into york on rt 30 from lancaster) there are BMX jumps down in the woods with other trails. I haven't checked them out myself, but i have seen them from the highway. Next time your out there, check it out!:)

You might want to check out the Pa Trail Riders website. I think some of those guys are from down your way. The website also has places to ride listed....

www.pamall.net/patra/

I see tons of trails when i head to ski roundtop. I'm from lancaster and on 30 heading over the river into york i see trails where the railroad tracks are. Also, once you past the harley shop, the next bridge(remember this is heading into york on rt 30 from lancaster) there are BMX jumps down in the woods with other trails. I haven't checked them out myself, but i have seen them from the highway. Next time your out there, check it out!:)

I'm from Lancaster too...ever head up 283? i was on there heading to the farm show and i saw a track that was right smack next to the turnpike exit off to the right behind some trees....anyone ever see it? i asked around at the farm show and had a name for it but forgot :banghead:

I'm from Lancaster too...ever head up 283? i was on there heading to the farm show and i saw a track that was right smack next to the turnpike exit off to the right behind some trees....anyone ever see it? i asked around at the farm show and had a name for it but forgot :banghead:

That track is called the Bridge Club I believe. It's a closed club, have to know someone and they have to have an opening. I inquired about it back when I started in 2002. Not sure what the status is now.

Another MX track near York is Happy Ramblers in Hanover. They have a organized practice day before every race so you can check it out without racing. They won't refund your gate fee though :) if you are not staying Sunday so a Saturday practice will be $35.00 ($25.00 + $10.00).

I'm from Lancaster too...ever head up 283? i was on there heading to the farm show and i saw a track that was right smack next to the turnpike exit off to the right behind some trees....anyone ever see it? i asked around at the farm show and had a name for it but forgot :)

No man, i really don't go out that way too much. I went to and my brother goes to penn manor so we live somewhat down in the boonies. So i couldn't tell you but revitup seems to know about it. Anyone ever ride Weavers track? Landis's track? Or the railroad tracks around Pequea and Quarryville? Some trails there now, but are patrolling now...Those are some of the areas around me.

That track is called the Bridge Club I believe. It's a closed club, have to know someone and they have to have an opening. I inquired about it back when I started in 2002. Not sure what the status is now.

Another MX track near York is Happy Ramblers in Hanover. They have a organized practice day before every race so you can check it out without racing. They won't refund your gate fee though :) if you are not staying Sunday so a Saturday practice will be $35.00 ($25.00 + $10.00).

yea thats what its called...lol....looks like its still in use...fresh tracks.saw some decent looking jumps there...well as far as i could tell from the highway...lol

Not sure where in York you are, but obviously there's some tracks up east of Harrisburg, in addition to Wickys World and Happy Ramblers in York.

I've heard nothing but good things about Wicky's World down in southern York (near Brogue). http://www.wickysworld.com/WWTRAILMAP09.jpg Their site reads, "1 mile Moto Cross track, 1.5 mile MX track, kiddie track for our beginners, approximately 4 miles of trails and expanding." A friend has ridden there and liked it a lot. I think it just opened late last summer (?). Now here's a link, Wicky's World from the air:
. For some odd reason, they don't have daily rates, only year-long memberships for stupid money (enough to make the failed management at Rausch blush!). But you can go free the first time to check it out. I plan to check it out and when they come out of the ether on the pricing, I think a track AND trail destination hours closer than Rocket sounds promising. http://www.wickysworld.com/Gallery.html

I'm from york as well. My brother and I usually head up to baldeagle state forest. Its about 1 1/2 hrs from york. Miles of trails and campsites, great weekend trip. Trails range from single track to fire roads.

If your looking for tracks - Doublin Gap started doing memberships - http://www.doublingap.com/ It is outside of Shippensburg...kind of a drive for you but....PA treats bikes like criminals... We are going to Hatfield & McCoy the end of the month..that is a GREAT place to ride....