Sign in to follow this  

JD Kit Install.....

Ok, I got my JD Kit installed. I believe I have the Keihin FCR carb. When it comes to adjusting the fuel screw. The screw appears to be round with a flat spot on it. I want to get an aftermarket fuel screw. But, until then. What is the best to use? A super small flathead screw driver??? Thanks, any help would be appreciated....

float-drain-bolt-2.jpg

the brass screw on the upper left corner is the fuel screw for the early model X's, but i believe the

'07 fuel screw is 'hidden' and in the same spot.

an eye glass frame screw driver will work if you put a 90 degree bend in it. otherwise, loosen the carb boot to gain better access.

remember not to adjust more than 1/8th a turn at a time and no more than 2.5 turns out total or you risk it falling out. instead, go up on the pilot if needed.

if yours doesn't look like the one in Ivan's pic then you can use a red or blue butt connector to adjust it.:)

I have the 07 also. A flathead wont work. It is a strange screw (basically circle with indent)that was designed (according to JD) to keep people from messing with it. I recommend you get that thing out of there and get the aftermarket on as soon as you can. It will make adjusting your pilot circuit so much easier.

Thanks NFOLEY.... Can I put my bike back together and fire it up without adjusting the fuel screw (leaving it where it came from the factory). Obviously, it wouldnt be running in optimal condition. But, it would be getting more fuel than orginal? As far as fuel screws goes, everywhere I read says to stay away from the zip ty. JD says stay away from the R & D flexible one. Whats left that is good? Anybody know anything about MSR and XR only fuel screws???

I'm running my '07 X with the stock fuel screw. Did the JD jetting, airbox and MRD full exhaust. This thing rips but will be getting the adjustable fuel screw shortly.

Thanks NFOLEY.... Can I put my bike back together and fire it up without adjusting the fuel screw (leaving it where it came from the factory). Obviously, it wouldnt be running in optimal condition. But, it would be getting more fuel than orginal? As far as fuel screws goes, everywhere I read says to stay away from the zip ty. JD says stay away from the R & D flexible one. Whats left that is good? Anybody know anything about MSR and XR only fuel screws???

get the "T" shaped screw from crf's only and as far as adjusting the stock screw refer to my previovs post:ride:

I have the t screw from crfsonly and it works well.And the stock setting is great place to start. Make sure bike is completely warmed up when you adjust fuel screw. Having a tach helped also. Good luck

I just ordered the R&D flex one with a JD kit. Does anyone know of any problems with the R&D one? I have an 07 450x