Sign in to follow this  

i need a new chain...

Ok peeps its time i need a new chain on my 250x... i run a 13/53 gearing and love it... allows me to use all the gears at the track while not sacrificing to much top end speed.

Anyways im in need of a new chain was wondering what you guys would recommend.

14/53 is stock on the 04 crf250x in my case.... i realized that i was only using through 3rd and a tiny tiny bit of 4th at the track so i dropped a tooth in the front and now i much better utlize my gears at the track but still dont screw top end speed for trail riding and whatnot.

Anyways im lookin round an i see a DID 520VT2 chain is that a good one?

also saw the 520vt @ shop. thumpertalk... for 86 bucks!!!

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PU_12220098

looks about the best price i can find! i take it that comes with a rivet style master link?

I've run both the Renthal R-1 Works and the DID ERT2 chains. I prefer non Oring chains. They are both very long wearing, but I think the DID has a little less stretch.

The DID 520VT is a great chain, it is really strong and from what i've seen doesn't stretch at all. It also looks really good!

14/53 is stock on the 04 crf250x in my case.... i realized that i was only using through 3rd and a tiny tiny bit of 4th at the track so i dropped a tooth in the front and now i much better utlize my gears at the track but still dont screw top end speed for trail riding and whatnot.

Anyways im lookin round an i see a DID 520VT2 chain is that a good one?

also saw the 520vt @ shop. thumpertalk... for 86 bucks!!!

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PU_12220098

looks about the best price i can find! i take it that comes with a rivet style master link?

You might want to consider the parts unlimited, LM 520 pro5, 120 link oring chain. Ive had this one on for a year or more and it is holding up pretty well, have only adjusted it once. Price was just under $60.00-well worth it in my opinoin.

the did 520VT as i have read is essientally an OEM replacement of the original DID chain... yet the 520VT is even better which is awesome cus my OEM chain lasted for 5 yrs!

its settled DID 520VT

now for sprockets... what to get??????:)

Renthal Aluminums, I love them and they are really LIGHT! I am running a Renthal red sprocket in the rear and a Renthal standard sprocket on the front with a D.I.D 520VT Chain. I am geared down as well for the woods. I love the Renthal sprockets.

I always get the rivet, but some prefer the clip. For many the biggest difference is the fact that the clip style does not require special tools.

I just switched to the DID ERT2 with a clip master link. I will state that the Renthal MX I pulled still measured within specs after 50 hrs hard run time. I lube and clean my chains after every ride.