Sign in to follow this  

650L Exhaust Pre Sales Question

Howdy - I'm just about to order a FMF Q4 exhaust with a FMF powerbomb header. Is a mid pipe required or do I have a full exhaust with these two pieces?

Also, is this a good set up for an 08 650L that's been opened up and heading toward a bigger bore and higher compression?

Keith

Howdy - I'm just about to order a FMF Q4 exhaust with a FMF powerbomb header. Is a mid pipe required or do I have a full exhaust with these two pieces?

Also, is this a good set up for an 08 650L that's been opened up and heading toward a bigger bore and higher compression?

Keith

I don't know about the Q4, but the Powerbomb header is the same length as the stock header and bolted up nicely to my Big Gun Evo-X. I found the Powerbomb to be a nice improvement over the stock header when used in combination with an Eddy pumper carb. :):banghead:

nothing wrong with that exhaust as far as if its a good upgrade or not!

Keith

the mid-pipe is included and is sold as part of the slip-on Q4 muffler...it bolts directly to the header(including the stock header)...u shud have everything u need but will reuse the header clamp(s)/flanges and copper seals(sum replace these).

:)

...u shud have everything u need but will reuse the header clamp(s)/flanges and copper seals(sum replace these).

:banghead:

I's advise replacing the copper crush gaskets. They're only a couple of dollars, and it sure saves some time/frustration if you put everything back together with the used ones only to find out they're not sealing properly and you have a leak(s). :)

Once a crush gasket has been crushed once, then you're taking a chance when you re-use it. :banghead: