Sign in to follow this  

Update on DR350 dumping gas in my oil

Back in December or so i had a post here about my 1996 2900 mile pristine DR350 started making oil after a recent carb clean and removing the idle screw cap so I could adjust it. Ran the bike in the garage and it started smoking like a mosquito sprayer. Checked oil and slap full of gas. Thought I screwed something up and people here gave advice as to what it could be but nothing said was the culprit. Removed the carb a second time and she did the same thing again after sitting a couple hours. I took the carb off the 3rd time and when I blew into the main, my needle seat flew out and hit the ceiling. I replaced the o-ring on both the needle seat and the float and put it back on...perfect after 2 months. :)

So if you have an older bike and decide to clean the carb because your dumbass let it sit for 3 months and ethanol fuel sucks....replace the dried up o-rings while you are in there.:banghead:

Glad you have it running again. Needle seat still good after bouncing off the ceiling??

Glad you have it running again. Needle seat still good after bouncing off the ceiling??

:)

Yes seat is fine due to I have carpet in my garage.....long story but quite nice actually.

the same thing was happening to my bike when i got it. I got the bike for $400 in really good shape cuz the previous owner couldn't figure it out. cracked diaphram in petcock was the culprit.