Sign in to follow this  

TE250 at the Sandy Lane

I rode the 2009 Sandy Lane and had my best performance ever, but still nothing to brag about dropping 119 points! Seriously, I did ride better than I had ever ridden and it was a blast. I know someone from the club and they definitely intended this event to be an old school, south jersey enduro! Here's some pics:

Main Site

http://www.russbrownphoto.com/RussBrownPhotography/EnduroPhotography.html

Enduros

http://russbrownphoto.smugmug.com/Events/554713

Here's one of me:

2009SandyLane.jpg

I started with only one shroud and it's still there. I've had the right side replacement on order for 7 months and they are still on back order. I have a replacement for the left side waiting and I heard I might need it after the Sandy Lane and I'm sure I will sometime this year.

The event was awesome! The bike performed great and the pilot, well, did the best he's done yet, but compared to many out there is very slow:busted:

Which shrouds are you looking for? The tank(red) or the radiator(black)? There are some dealers in the area that have them or you can go through Hall's.

Which shrouds are you looking for? The tank(red) or the radiator(black)? There are some dealers in the area that have them or you can go through Hall's.

Thanks:thumbsup: Currently I am minus a right side radiator(black) shroud and I've shattered the front of the left side tank(red) shroud. I've already paid for the rad shroud though I should probably just order one from someone else soon as having 2 is probably a good thing. A friend picked up replacement red shrouds for me over the winter, but I haven't yet confirmed if they'll fit my 08 or not. I have to first deal with the spinning bolt and I figure I'll just wait until after the next couple enduro's are over.

Hey, good job! I houred out on my first enduro!

I got 5th b-200 on the 125. 1 second on a check in cost me 2nd!

Are you going to Scrub Pine?

I rode the 2009 Sandy Lane and had my best performance ever, but still nothing to brag about dropping 119 points! Seriously, I did ride better than I had ever ridden and it was a blast. I know someone from the club and they definitely intended this event to be an old school, south jersey enduro! Here's some pics:

Main Site

http://www.russbrownphoto.com/RussBrownPhotography/EnduroPhotography.html

Enduros

http://russbrownphoto.smugmug.com/Events/554713

Here's one of me:

492847510_bTHu9-L.jpg

Yes, I'll be at the scrub pine, see you there! I can't believe that 2nd through 5th all had the same score in your class and it came down to seconds!

My good friend is in the B-200 class and I consider him a fast rider for a B. I think his score was in the high 50's, which had him in 6th place when he left the club for north Jersey. You had a good ride R Little. Way to represent Husky and 125 2-strokes for that matter!:)

I think Hall's sells the Husky factory shrouds with the label already attached. After replacing at least 4 or 5 of them (thanks to Jersey trees) I took off the factory shrouds and bought the UFOs ($25 bucks ea.) without the label. I cut them back to almost the front of the tank so they don't snag every tree on the trail. When I'm done with the bike I'll put the factory shrouds back on.

Hi, last time I was at your shop, you didn't have them for my '08 but you did have that left side bolt where the front oil screen is:thumbsup:

I'll give you a call though, thanks.

Broke my right rad shroud right off, too. I'll tell you what, though, without it, it makes the bike look 20 pounds lighter from some angles...

I picked up the last '07 rad shroud from Bob in New Egypt on Tuesday, but I just might be able to salvage my old one with a few strategically placed rivets, safety wire and cable ties. I promise it won't look too ghetto!

I was a little disappointed with my Sandy Lane performance this year. I managed 5th in the C Vet last year, but could only muster 9th this year with a 67. Of course, burning a check while trying to figure out my new computer didn't help. And starting ten minutes late after the protracted lunch stop because I was running a pirated A/B rider's program didn't help much, either.

I swear I'll have the computer and timekeeping thing straight for Scrub Pine this weekend--row 49, babee! WAY better then 103 at the Sandy Lane, methinks.

My good friend is in the B-200 class and I consider him a fast rider for a B. I think his score was in the high 50's, which had him in 6th place when he left the club for north Jersey. You had a good ride R Little. Way to represent Husky and 125 2-strokes for that matter!:)

Woulda been better but my bike kept stalling in the AB tight loop.

Found out last night that the lock nut on the idle screw fell off!

I guess I forgot to tighten it!

Oh, well, I be ready to ride this Sunday on Row 40. Look for me.