Sign in to follow this  

XR650L Chain/sprockets

I have a 2007 XR650L that I need to replace chain and sprockets on.

I have receievd conflicting information from local dealers and would appreciate any clarification or recomendations anyone may have.

Here is what I think I am going to buy:

Vortex sprockets

Front = 3240-15 $27.95

Rear = 212-15 $62.95

RK 520 xring chain $90.99 ( they told me 110 links is enough, but Honda calls for 112-120 links)

Thanks

BUT i would do some searching, i got a brand new gold RK oring chain from ebay new for $50, bought JT sprockets for like $20 front, and $40 rear. mine was a 114 i think and with 15/47 it fits fine! I suggest going to a 47 rear if you like stock gearing, it gives it just a tad of pep and does not sacrifise freeway driving. I drive freeway at 75mph and its very little strain on engine, what i like for a good double duty (dirt/freeway) gearing

I'll probably get blasted for posting about a TT competitor but Rocky Moutain Atv has their brand as a kit(both sprockets and chain) for about $90 with an x-ring chain. There are also some discount codes floating around here somewhere that are good until 4/30/09. Best bang for the buck IMO. I only have about 1000-1500 miles on my set, with one chain adjustment at about 3-400 miles.

AND with what DAREN posted find that and contact the TT store and see if they will match that price for you????

AND with what DAREN posted find that and contact the TT store and see if they will match that price for you????

I doubt they will/can. The combo is RM ATV house brand.