Sign in to follow this  

Any trails in CO worth the trip right now?

Hey all. I have some friends coming out to visit, and since the skiing isn't looking the greatest the next 10 days, I was thinking about riding some trails and doing some camping. I'm in Broomfield and would like to stay within about 4 hours of driving. I have a heated trailer that we will stay in so I am not to concerned about that, just looking to know if anything is worth the trip yet. If you know of anywhere please let me know, and if you don't feel like posting to everyone just shoot me a PM. I am aware of Texas Creek, but have heard that the limited trails aren't really worth it. I also read about McCoy, but don't know too many specifics about it IE size, fire roads, single track, where I could camp etc.

Thanks!!!

Hey all. I have some friends coming out to visit, and since the skiing isn't looking the greatest the next 10 days, I was thinking about riding some trails and doing some camping. I'm in Broomfield and would like to stay within about 4 hours of driving. I have a heated trailer that we will stay in so I am not to concerned about that, just looking to know if anything is worth the trip yet. If you know of anywhere please let me know, and if you don't feel like posting to everyone just shoot me a PM. I am aware of Texas Creek, but have heard that the limited trails aren't really worth it. I also read about McCoy, but don't know too many specifics about it IE size, fire roads, single track, where I could camp etc.

Thanks!!!

VDR allows camping ;p

Sorry, but that's about the best you're going to get for riding & camping within 4 hours right now.

I rode up at Cherokee Park a month back, but it still had snow. I have a feeling 90% of it is gone now, but I am not 100% sure it is. Plus you can camp anywhere you want to off of 80c. If you find something let us know. I for one, am sick and tired of the tracks.

Grand Junction and the surrounding areas are prime right now. Temps in the 60s and 70s still some moisture in the soils. Best time of the year to ride here.

Rabbit Valley would be perfect ,but probably closer to 5 hours .Junction would be good too. McCoy is great right now but night time temps will probably be in around 20.

Probably Rabbit Valley for riding/camping unless you want to add an hour to the drive and do Green River area.