Sign in to follow this  

KLX 300/ FCR hot start process

for those of you out there that have done the FCR pumper upgrade. What is your process for starting after it's good and hot.

i have recently done a FCR 37 mod that i love . but i have been having problems starting the bike after stalling or after just stopping it for a couple minutes. i know it's all carb and nothing to do with valves.

let me know what you know

i have an fcr 35. when it is hot, and i turn off the bike(or stall it), i kick it over, without touching the throttle. actually, the guy i bought the carb from said it best.... he said "put your da$M hand on the front brake resivior and don't even touch the throttle". kick it. if it doesn't fire for 2 or 3 kicks, then open the throttle all the way and kick it a few times(which i disagree with). if still no fire, open the hot start up and kick it, without throttle.

worked like a charm for me 2 weekends ago. i actually kicked it at first and it almost fired, then it died when i gave it throttle. i opend the hot start, with no throttle and it started right up on the first hot start kick. closed the hot start and off i went.

to give you a background, my bike starts on the 1st or 2nd kick cold, with no throttle and no choke.

hope this helps.

I don't have a hot start, my bike starts easier with the FCR than it did with the CVK, especially after a crash or stall.

I've never used the hot start, but that's because:

1. I don't think I've needed it and;

2. I forget that it's there.

I also think that using any throttle when it's hot is just asking for a tired leg. Using the correct KLX kick procedure it the best way to reflash a hot or cold engine, but experiment all you want. I will try the hot start this summer and see if it makes any difference.