Sign in to follow this  

what would my bike be worth?

hi, just wondering what you lot think my 2000 drz400e would be worth?

it has: fmf powercore 4 can

fmf powerbomb header

sump guard

rad. guards

frame guards

acerbis plastics and hand guards

fmf sticker and seat cover

7000 miles

5 months T&T

+ loads of spares (lever, filters, plugs, chain, sprocket, standard exhaust, stand, show plate, rear light assembly, mx numberboard etc etc)

OR would it be better to sell the bike as standard, and sell the upgrades/spares seperatly?

again what would it be worth if i done that?

please guys, im desperate for an estimate asap, i have someone waiting for a reply.

cheers

Sorry I can't really help wit UK values but in the states it would be worth way more in parts on eBay.

You're always better off putting it back to stock and selling the extras separately.

FWIW, NADA (National Automobile Dealers Association) puts the average retail for a 2000 E at $1820, and KBB (Kelley Blue Book) puts it at $2175...

I'd say it wasn't worth much more with the goodies just more saleable, plus there aint much money around at the moment, but I'm picking up spares real cheap on fleabay at the moment so selling them seperately might not generate so much. I paid £1900 for a 2000 kicker 18 months ago from a dealer so that would be about £1700 privately.

Plastics and handguards are expected on a bike, so is an aftermarket exhaust and sumpguard. If I were you I'd advertise the stuff you list as spares seperately. I guess yours must be somewhere between £1500 and £2000? But then I bought a 2002 Gasgas which needed a bit of fettling for £1000 so who knows!

Have a look in the local ads and see what they are selling for. What were you hoping

i was hoping for about £1500-1550. but i had someone look at it, and he mentioned a 2000 e (bog standard and fairings had seen better days) go for £1100, so maybe £400 extra is a bit much. like you guys i really dont have much idea, although ive been offered £1300 trade...

i may just put it back to standard and take £1300 trade. if i go that route in a few days itll mean i have the fmf 'zorst, all of the guards and a box full of spares going...let me know if you may be interested.

To be honest £1300 trade doesnt sound too bad if you need to sell, and it means they will turn it around for a profit so £1500 would be about right then. The trouble is there are not many buyers about and you might have to wait a while. Put up the spares in the classified forum.

Dan