Sign in to follow this  

WR250, maybe?

I am considering getting a WR250. What year was the last major revamp (for performance, not looks)?

The last major change was in 2002 with a different frame geometry and this was a minor tweak from the previous 2 years. Since then most changes have been cosmetic or suspension parts. But if you jump on any 2002 and later WR250 you will not notice any real difference in the way they run or handle.

Walt

I am looking at buying a 2002 wr250 as a second bike. I previously owned a 2005 wr250 that i sold to buy a klx450r. It's a great bike but tough going in tight and difficult conditions. So i'm after another wr to ride the tough stuff on.

What's the difference between the 2005 and 2002 model bike? Is there anywhere i can see a timeline of updates? Are they as reliable as each other?

Anyone got any more pics.

I am looking at buying a 2002 wr250 as a second bike. I previously owned a 2005 wr250 that i sold to buy a klx450r. It's a great bike but tough going in tight and difficult conditions. So i'm after another wr to ride the tough stuff on.

What's the difference between the 2005 and 2002 model bike? Is there anywhere i can see a timeline of updates? Are they as reliable as each other?

Anyone got any more pics.

Body work is the only real difference. Same bike since 2002.

mnyman92,

I have a 2007 WR250 ridden one year I would be glad to sell you!! I bought it new near the end of 2007. It has Factory Connection suspension. $3,200. PM me if you are interested.

Dave A

I wish mine were that pretty. Just recently acquired an 02 WR250 for the same reason as Mr-Xr70. My WR 450 Yamaha was such a top heavy bitch in tight single track. Loved the button though.