2007 WR, need bars higher

I know about the archives, been there done that. Most posts about bar height or risers refer to WR's older than mine that have a 7/8's bar. Mine are the factory PT 1 1/8 fat bars. I really don't want to change out my bars, is there a bar riser that will give an inch or more additional height? Link?

Thanks.?

Those look good but wont they also bring the bars back closer to you? I always thought that when you used bar risers you also needed them a bit more forward.

Thanks for the link, super cheap too. At first, I thought it was only for 7/8 bars but when I clicked the size tab it shows the 1 1/8 size. Just an FYI for future lookers like me.?

I felt the same as you, liked the stock bars and just wanted to try out some risers. I used these as well and have them on the 30mm height I believe. I'm 6' even and these are just about right for me. No problems with any of the cables, but I think I moved my levers inboard just a hair. I would like them maybe just a tad taller, but they already feel a little too tall when sitting down. Fortunately, Yamaha has already made sitting down on this bike not so fun anyway so no problem there!?

I think I'll give'em a shot, especially for the price. I called the guys at Scotts today because a steering dampner is on my wish list. He said that I could also just go with the risers that are a part of the kit. That way, when I'm ready, all I have to do is buy the dampner and frame bracket.

I don't know, just a thought.

I went with these Rox Pivoting Risers on my 2007 WR-450 with the stock 1 1/8" bars. They are top quality, very adjustable and more solid than the Tusk risers.

I have used the Tusk risers on other bikes, but didn't like the way they brought the bars back on my WR.

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=268

GYTR makes mounts that move the bar forward and up. 5mmx5mm GYT-2S275-20-00, I ordered them thru thumper talk. I had been using the rocky mountain stackable risers, they don't lock together so a hard drop will knock them crocked. and the adjustment range is limited by the bolt length. but it was a OK sanity check to see if I would like higher bars.

I wish the GYTR ones had been prettier but, they are solid.

gyt-2s275-10-00-500.jpg

• 2 months later...