Sign in to follow this  

broke my arm... susp need work?

i'm a c-rider that was practicing at an indoor track in ne ohio... made a last second choice to double a step-down... and stuffed the front end. hit hard enogh to bend my protapers, and bust my radius at the wrist.:)

only had the bike a while, and only 2nd time on a track (its a '05 250x, and bought primarily for trail duty). but i've thought its been stiff even from the start. when i looked at the bike the other day i noticed only about 3" of the forks were clean! w tf, either i'm more of a poosy than i thought, or my forks need work.

any suggestions? should i send em out, attempt it myself (when i can do more than type with one hand), or ??? who can i send to?

Has the fork oil ever been changed to your knowledge? If not you might want to try that before you send them out. It's not terribly difficult but you will need a wrench to get the fork caps off. The manual gives a fairly decent step by step.

sounds like the forks are not aligned properly, shockdoc has a good write up on this subject if you do a search, a x should have way too soft suspension for indoor riding.