Sign in to follow this  

can i change the main jet with the carb on the bike?

sorry - i searched and couldn't find an answer. i want to change my main jet on my FCR, and wanted to see if i could do it leaving the carb mounted. it's wedged in there pretty good, and i'd like to try to avoid it if i can.

should be able to drop the bowl and get right in there, right?

Not sure about the FCR but I know you can on the Mikuni. Just loosen things up, move the black box thingie, loosen the throttle cables and angle the carb bottom towards the left side of the bike for access. Probably the same on FCR but I'm sure someone will chime in...

I can change jets in about 10 min

and up and running

just think small hands and I wear XL gloves

Yep, just pull the cap off the bottom with a 17mm wrench, make sure it is a 12 point, much easier to use.

Then just use a small 1/4 ratchet with a 6mm socket.

Just be very carefull when putting the new jet in not to cross thread, brass threads are very soft.

I just did it today. Easier than I thought it would be. When i backed out the main jet the emulsion tube came with it. Decided to put the spark arrestor back in the yosh since I'm heading up to bald eagle state forest this weekend. The bike ran like crap with the 160 main in so i switched to the 155 and happy happy:thumbsup: ! Can complain about a 10 minute rejet:banana: