Sign in to follow this  

indoor track in clark county

Used to be one in Woodland called 321Moto...just practice by reservations only...I went a lot back I rode mainly mx....closed now for several years.

Well, I think a lot of people would support it, but in case you are not aware of it, but there has already been an attempt to put one in Clark County (Battleground) Took them what, 4 years, to finally get a permit. Spent whos know how many hundreds of thousands of dollars and now they don't have the money to build it. If you can find a way to make it work, more power to you.

But another thing you need to consider, and I don't mean to rain on your parade, but an indoor track will suffer through the summer time. Everyone will want ot go outdoors. Look what happened to Hindsight. They were a morgue in the summer, as was 321. But the bills still had to be paid.

So good luck. Keep us posted.

p.s. are your initials CW?

How many of you would support and indoor track in Vancouver?

I would support an indoor tack. I would love to set up a day in the winter for JCTRA club members to hit an indoor tack and ride. A ride at an indoor tack is always nice in the middle of winter. I hit Hindsight a few times, not as much as I would have liked,,, it was spendy.

Joe.........

We are looking into building an 80,000sq/ft Indoor MX Arena in Clark County and would like to find out how many of you would support the Facility. We know summer time would be a huge hit to the business but if there are enough supporters from September through May we could make this work and even keep prices Family friendly. I, as most of you know how expensive this sport is, just performing required preventative maintenance and fueling our bikes is costing us our first born. So we are trying to plan this the right way, fair and affordable pricing, discounts for families, Annual pass programs, Monthly pass programs, great customer service, and multiple track changes to keep people coming back over and over, giving the riders the best outing possible every time they visit the Facility. If the Market Analysis goes well which hopefully is possible in this economy, we will have a website up and running by May 1. I love to hear how many supports we have!

I miss Hindsight in the winter months...I'd make the trip to Vancouver so I could ride, and so would my ridin' buds!

We are looking into building an 80,000sq/ft Indoor MX Arena in Clark County and would like to find out how many of you would support the Facility. We know summer time would be a huge hit to the business but if there are enough supporters from September through May we could make this work and even keep prices Family friendly. I, as most of you know how expensive this sport is, just performing required preventative maintenance and fueling our bikes is costing us our first born. So we are trying to plan this the right way, fair and affordable pricing, discounts for families, Annual pass programs, Monthly pass programs, great customer service, and multiple track changes to keep people coming back over and over, giving the riders the best outing possible every time they visit the Facility. If the Market Analysis goes well which hopefully is possible in this economy, we will have a website up and running by May 1. I love to hear how many supports we have!

well...with the winter we are "still" having, I know I might have ventured south for some track time for my son and I.

I would be a regular.

plus i know of about 8-10 others that would also.

How many of you would support and indoor track in Vancouver?
I would absolutely support it. I would also look to add a BMX or carting to the facility to offset the operational costs during the summer months...or maybe shut down altogether May thru Sept and lease the building for something else. My MX bike has sat in the garage since Clark County finished running at new years. Good luck :)

I absolutely would support an indoor facility. My two boys and I would be very regular customers.

I would recommend that you make sure you create value with a truly well done facility so the experience is worth what you will have to charge to be able to keep the doors open past the first year or two.

As MX riders, we need to look at what it costs for other recreational experiences (Mt Hood Meadows adult lift ticket-$69, Vail-$95) and accept that our sport is not cheap and will never be cheap.

I wish money grew on trees and that everyone could ride for free but with our current available riding spots shrinking or out right going away, it would make good sense for a pay to play mentality in today’s world. It sucks—but it is true.

Please don't try to put together a shoe string budget facility that fails at the expense of you (whom ever is thinking about building it) and to the people who will frequent and even travel to a real MX experience. Wow-- I am getting a little misty now myself!

PS... Maybe Obama will give you a loan!

PSS... Please fight the kids motorcycle lead ban and join a motorcycle club that will fight for your right to ride for free..

JJ, MJ, and CJ

I would absolutely support this and know others that would also, but the summer months would be tough. I like the idea of finding another use for it in the summer months like a bmx track to keep it going. I would love to see it succeed though.

Well, I think a lot of people would support it, but in case you are not aware of it, but there has already been an attempt to put one in Clark County (Battleground) Took them what, 4 years, to finally get a permit. Spent whos know how many hundreds of thousands of dollars and now they don't have the money to build it. If you can find a way to make it work, more power to you.

But another thing you need to consider, and I don't mean to rain on your parade, but an indoor track will suffer through the summer time. Everyone will want ot go outdoors. Look what happened to Hindsight.

well if i'm not mistaken( and i very well could be :crazy: ) the place you are tialkin about up in the couve was going through untill the big bank melt down and they no longer wanted to loan them any money, at least thats what the owner told me.

and hind sight didn't close due to attendance, their lease came up and the owner of the building wanted to do something else with the building so they got booted.

so to answer your Q HELL ya i would support it. i drive to MT view every tues if i can, or if its not rainin. and if it is then i'm screwed. plus if i miss tues then with your facility i could still go riding.

and the summer months may not suffer as badly as you may think. going from protland to the couve is a heck of a lot cheaper than to the caost range, Jordan creek wa, or mccubbins, so in a time when every penny counts and seat time is all a guy/gal wants then a short jaunt up to vancouver looks better and better.

5 bucks in gas plus gate fee rather than 40 for the truck and 5 for the bikes on a longer trip.

and to reiterate what was said earlier do your homework and build a nice facility it will pay off.

DO IT DO IT:banana: :foul::p:busted::):banghead: :banghead:

Thanks for all the support and please spread the word. I'm in the middle of talking with the County about properties and finalizing my business plan. As you all saw with Elaine's project it took forever and I now know why. Hopefully I can make the right connections and get this project off paper and in our back yards. It will be a great facility and I need lots of feedback from everyone who will use the facility.

make sure to look into cowlitz county, for something like this the process is way more doable. the conditional use permit alone makes cowlitz a much easier situation.

make sure to look into cowlitz county, for something like this the process is way more doable. the conditional use permit alone makes cowlitz a much easier situation.

And it would be closer to those of us who live up in the puget sound area. We would support it for sure. I think Cowlitz county would appreciate the revenue a business that that would bring in. Clark Country has fought these deals in the past.

and hind sight didn't close due to attendance, their lease came up and the owner of the building wanted to do something else with the building so they got booted

Sort of. You know who owned the building? Ya, they owned it themselves. I think the reality of Hindsight was that the building business tanked - simple as that. As for the owner wanting to do something else with it, they probably didn't have in mind what's going on now - vacant.:)

For a track and all its supporters, if it's so obvious that "everyone" would support it then a place like Hindsight would have made it. Simple fact is that there is no money in it. It costs a lot to run a place like that, high property lease & high insurance with people bitching about $30 to ride a weekend. I often did the math at Hindsight on weekend days. 30 riders (on a good day) times $30 each is $900. You can't be very successful when you gross somewhere around a thousand bucks on a busy day. However, if you're selling homes faster than you can build them (like 5 years ago), then having an indoor playground seems like a good idea.

Don't get me wrong, I would support a track just as much as the next guy. My idea of fun is not to drag 2 kids and myself all the way up to Eddieville this weekend to ride in marginal weather. An indoor place would be a no brainer for us to ride.

Finally, if a track were to be built my opinion would be to make it a multi use facility somehow. The very last mx weekend at Hindsight was followed by a RC car event. They were able to rent the track out to a club for some extra cash - great idea in my mind.

Again, don't get me wrong, I would support any indoor track (we ride the heck out of C. County when it's open), but I can certainly see the reasons why it's not being done.

Do you think a place with 2 tracks, 1 the size of a football stadium Supercross track and one the size of Hindsight for small bikes only would only attract 30 riders on a weekend day or do you think it could pull in +40 per session on avg. These are the numbers we're looking for. Is it a reality? Do you think we could get 750 riders 1.43 times per Month. Is there 750 riders within a 50 mile radius? Not only does a place like this keep people riding year round but it supports all of the local Parts stores and will keep them alive. I really want to ride year round without traveling like alot of my friends do. It's awesome to hear all the input, keep it coming!