Sign in to follow this  

09 renthal bar bend? And other questions.

hi guys, i read on there that the 09 bars seem narrow? Was wondering if anyone knew which bend they were, and which 7/8 bars they liked instead. The reason i asked, is because my bike is shipping out from the dealer tomorrow and any accessories i need i'm going to let him put in the crate with the bike so i can have everything when the bike gets here. What do you guys think? I am pretty sure im going to go with rg3 clamps and oversized bars pretty soon but i want a decent 7/8 bar on hand so i can enjoy this thing ASAP! :)

ps, if the kawis came with oversized bar clamps then i would just order my regular pro tapers but i havent used renthals in years so im just not familiar with their bends. In pro taper i usually run the doug henry/reed bend.

Also, anything else i should tell the dealer to throw in the crate? Renthal chain? How does the stock chain hold up? What about sprockets?

I also used to only run the Doug Henry bend Pro Tapers but the stock Renthals on my 07 feels very similar to them - but with a little more give/flex making them feel slightly smoother with less impact/vibration etc. Very impressed with the stock bars as far as comfort goes - and this is someone who was a Pro Taper only user.

971 renthals come in a twin wall as well did that before bring mine home witha matching set of renthal clamps...

The stock bend is the 971 RC Bend as everyone else has mentioned, it's a pretty good all around bend and unless you're taller like myself (6'2") they should work fine. I use the RC High Twinwalls on my 09. :)

Is the 07 the same bend as the 09?

Yes, and it's also the same bend that has come on the Honda's since 04.

Yes, and it's also the same bend that has come on the Honda's since 04.

Cool. I normally always had to buy a set of Pro Tapers Doug Henry bend because I never liked the feel of stock bars but these Renthals have a good and comfortable feel to them so I'll just use them. They also seem to have some more flex than the Tapers for absorbing vibrations/impacts.