Sign in to follow this  

Quick fill oil cap for xrr/L

I made a horrible mess the first time I changed the oil on my pig, I knew there was a better way.

You could use any type of oil you like, I use the Honda oil every time so I made my quick filler cap with a Honda cap.

All you need is a brass fitting and some tubing, both can be had at any hardware store.

Make the proper size hole in your cap make sure to not go too big as you want a tight fit. Use some ( I put it on thick) teflon tape to make a tight seal.

aftwork009.jpg

aftwork008.jpg

Makes adding oil a non-messy pleasure!!....and it didnt cost $24.95 :)

aftwork014.jpg

No drips....no mess.

aftwork016.jpg

You can even leave to let it drain totally...no waste.

aftwork007.jpg

Happy Trails.

aftwork013.jpg

• Like 1

i just have a long neck funnel that fits into the fill and add what i know it will take empty and start up for a second and add the rest and ride and recheck level. but ive used some brass fittings and hose for my 400ex quad as the fill is under the side and funnels dont work to good, some hose i had around house, makes it alot cleaner for sure!

BTW....

This brass cap threads tight onto the tubing for a nice storage cap if needed.

filler001.jpg

That's pretty great!

I was prepared to leave a smart ass remark about just using a funnel, but when you have a bike that takes exactly two of those to fill the bike ... :):banghead: :banghead:

• Like 1

Two fittings and a piece of tube and your good to go for any bottle in your garage!

Auto parts place down the road sells them for 3.99. I have 2, one for the bike and one for the transfer case on the Dakota

That's awesome! Man, there's all kinds of great stuff on this site! This site rocks!

Thats a great idea. What I used is extra fuel hose at the end of a small funnel. But I cut the hose the same size of the dip stick. So I can check the oil level with the hose. Ben