Sign in to follow this  

2009 690 SMC arrival

Uh oh, now I need to make a decision without being able to ride one first! The KTM test fleet is scheduled to be at a local dealer on April 4th, but my dealer just told me my 2009 SMC is coming in this Thrusday or Friday.

Oh well, going ridin this weekend... :)

Well, I picked up my 2009 SMC! Wow, I can't stop smiling every time I ride, that has to be the most fun you can have with your clothes on! :usa:

I'm glad I read as much as I did about this bike prior to picking it up, otherwise the left rear turn signal would be melted goo. I immediately took the bike straight home from the shop and epoxied a modified spoon to the underside of the turn signal, to deflect the direct blast from the exhaust. That works incredibly well. I also switched the map from poor gas quality setting the dealer had to number 2 for best performance. :thumbsup:

An unbelievable bike, very light handling, responsive, torquey and just more fun than I imagined!

I ran map setting 2 on mine a few times but it's too sensitive. Aside from a little more grunt down low, I didn't notice much difference in the mid-top range. Setting 3 is my favorite.

Glad you like the bike!

<<Setting 3 is my favorite.>>

Great lowercasee, thanks for the tip, I'll try it.

I also prefer setting 3 on my enduro. FYI, for smoother throttle control, I got a G2 throttle with milder throttle pull cams. I really like it!

i just gott mine!! dealer said there are no maping avaible yet for the 09s.. no power commanders out for 09s. is this true? want to put an exhuast on real bad!!!