Sign in to follow this  

Malcolm Smith Leads Protest for Kids Bikes!

I am posting this here as I know us women can get the word out quickly when it comes to stuff like this. Pretty short notice, but if you are in So Cal or have friends there - get this info to them.

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/industry-news/2009/03/16/malcolm-smith-leads-bike-ban-protest

This IS true American Spirit!!

Time changed to 4pm.

Haha... just got the same thing in my e-mail today and headed over here to post it. You beat me to it!

Good for him!! If I had the dough, I'd be right there in line to buy one!

This is great, maybe I should call down and order replacement parts for my son's DRZ 110 even though it is not broke- who know's if I will be able to get them in the future:foul:

Called and sent e- mails to both of my Senators and my Congressman. Got a response back from my Congressman, it was a canned resposonse.

I called his local office and told them how dissapointed I was with it, the guy I spoke with asked me to forward my original letter, the response letter, and he would include my comments in his weekley report that the Congressman reads himself! So that is good news!:)

Wow, so cool of Malcolm. HE has always been such a good person and has done such wonderful things for this sport and the kids who participate in it.

He is one person who can for sure motivate and bring people together.

I wish I could be down there to join in on this but instead I will get my kids to be there:thumbsup: But I will for sure pass this on to everyone I know:banana: :):banghead: :banghead: :foul::p:busted::crazy::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heading out right now. Takes me 5 min to get there. I will let you guys know how the turn out was.

Heading out right now. Takes me 5 min to get there. I will let you guys know how the turn out was.

Waiting.......where are you??? hope the "rally" didn't land anyone in jail... but that would be something to tell the grandkids some day.... :)

I'm going to check Cyclenews.com and see if it got some press there, too. Hope all went as planned or better!

How'd it go? Head Hooter, you were there. Give us a report.

No fines yet!! Its was a good turn out tons of kids rockin some cute shirts as in the article from Vital. Malcolm is a stand up guy that truly cares about what is going on with this stupid law. As all of us should to. Most of us grew up riding and now they are going to try and take that from our kids!!!!

I just sent that webpost to my entire email address. I hope you do to - even those that don't ride, and bring this issue to their attention. I also asked for contributions if there are fines - and that I'll update the info if there is and they want to contribute.

THANKS MALCOLM and Everyone that showed up. My Bro was there!

I just sent that webpost to my entire email address. I hope you do to - even those that don't ride, and bring this issue to their attention. I also asked for contributions if there are fines - and that I'll update the info if there is and they want to contribute.

THANKS MALCOLM and Everyone that showed up. My Bro was there!

Me too! Even for people that don't ride, this is a great example of how one person can really make a difference and put their actions where their mouth is!