Sign in to follow this  

o8'

Thinking of buying an 08 model for 4600. Cant find many reveiws but I think it's a good price. Has a wrapped aftermarket exhaust. Anyone own one?

I swear, something about owning or even liking XRs makes one's spelling and grammar go to shit...:)

An '08 with or without exhaust is a steal at 4600, i paid almost a grand more for mine in california... Go for it.

-Oh, and welcome to TT! I'm not usually a spelling/ grammar nazi, but damned if the previously mentioned isn't true.

Well I dont know the brand of exhaust, but can find out. I saw the original list price and was impressed. It looks new. 1250mi. I've never had an xr but have had a street legal cr250. Theres a lot of difference in weight between the two. I've been leerly of big thumpers in the past (5'11" 160lbs).

I have an '08. and so do about 50 or more people here. Is that all you wanted to know - the exhaust?

The bike gets "broken in" at 300 mi FYI. You can get an idea by looking at the tires on a bike that new too. Originals should be in decent shape. Got pictures?

I have an '08. and so do about 50 or more people here. Is that all you wanted to know - the exhaust?

The bike gets "broken in" at 300 mi FYI. You can get an idea by looking at the tires on a bike that new too. Originals should be in decent shape. Got pictures?

I could care less about the exhaust. I was asked what kind it was. Itwas mentioned because thats the only mod so far.

I bought mine for 3300 Usd an 03 model. The previous owner did not ride it a lot the guy owned a bunch of bikes, he had also an KTM 520 with the "E" button. He prefered that, the issue for him was that the guy was bit short he used a little step to kick it and he had issues starting it when it quit on him in the desert. The guy nearly fell out of hi's socks when i started the bike first try leaning it sligthly to the right (helps when you owned a XR500 as a kid). Mine had no scuff marks on the clutch cover or the frame side legs, it was fairly obvious that the bike did not get used a lot, looked like new out of the shop, had the original tires on it. He basically admitted that he bought it on a whim because Johnny Campbell won Baja with it. But helas not all of us are ment to be Johnny Campbell's.

That price is excellent if the bike is ok and an 08 should be unless it was completely neglected.

Rob

I could care less about the exhaust.

Thought you were asking if anyone had the same exhaust, thus the question. I'd say pull the trigger and buy it that's a good price.

Well you guys definately would make good Honda reps. I'm going back today to see how it fits. As far as weight goes, right now I have a 200cc china bike and it's a heavy hunk of iron, so I'm thinking there wont be a big difference there.