Sign in to follow this  

let's see those pics of your TRAIL TECH computer

I havn't got a pic. But I made a mount myself out of some 1/8" aluminum. Only needed a piece about 4"X6" I think is what I used.. I am in no way a metal fabricator, but I was quite happy with it seeing as it was the right price. Used just a vice, mini grinder, and file.

On the tripple of my bike, there are 3 screw holes right on the front a couple inches below the bars. I just bent the aluminum, and cut it to fit there for my dash. I'll try and get a pic.

Mounted to my OEM fat bars using the Vapor plastic mount. Has held up well considering I have flipped the bike upside down many times.

Windsheild010.jpg

DSC04326.jpg

DSC04328.jpg

DSC04327.jpg

Ha, once my vapor actually arrives, I can put it on.. ha!

Bent with a rubber hammer and a vice, cut with a mini grinder, and smoooothed with a file.

I wanted to make sure I could make something worthy, that way I would know weather to order one of their mounts.

I will also need to fix a problem I can see, is my "custom" dash is going to rub against that front # plate pretty good, and likely cut right through it rather quickly..

I dont have pix but its pretty easy to imagine and do. I just traced the body of the computer on my bar pad. Used a razor to hollow out a pocket. Make the hole tight on the top so that it pops in or pushed up from the back with a tight fit. I dont use the plastic cover over the pad. and its the rubber type not the foam type. Renthal pad I think. I just put zipties to hold the pad on the bars. It has never givin me a bit of trouble. And very simple and clean looking. and free if u have the computer already

DSCN0059-1.jpg

Made a bracket similar to above but out of thinner stainless. The mounting surface was cut smaller than, but in the same shape as the vapor itself. Marc05, you will need to notch some holes near the middle of the plate so the wires have a place to go.