Sign in to follow this  

Racing a 125

I'm 19 and just started riding about 3 weeks ago on a KTM 125. My ? is if I went to a track to race this bike would I be racing with a bunch of kids or are there actually adults who race the 125 2t/ 250 4t class?

Both. I just bought a 125 for my 15 yr old son from a SSR rider, but I compete regularly against guys in the 40+ class who are riding 125 2smokes....as well as the 4 strokes....the main thing is to have FUN!

i just watched a guy ( Lyle Laye ?) destroy a field of 38+ experts. he was on a yz125, everyone else was on a 450.

the 2nd moto he actually walked away from the pack after the 5th lap!

there is a helmet cam video of it over on proride.

i just got a 125 last week. i dont think there is a bike that is more fun on the face of the planet. especially if you can ride it wide open the whole time around the track

Thanks just didn't wanna look like Michael Jackson on the track, chasin a bunch of young boys :)

Thanks just didn't wanna look like Michael Jackson on the track, chasin a bunch of young boys :)

Hahahaha.

Na

I ride with a bunch of guys between 20 to 40 years old on 125 2 tickers and they tear it up. I'm riding a rm 125 and I love it.

haha all my friends are like 4 years younger than me.

Now I know at higher ages its not much of a difference but when a college kid is sleeping over and hanging out with highschool kids.

I am 21 my best friend is 17. So at 19 i think you wont stick out at all.

Its just a motocross thing. You become friends with people all different ages and live all over the place.

as long as your not well over 200lbs you should be fine on a 125. Im 25 and would rather race a 125 than 450. lighter and dosnt take near as much effort. Im actualy racing my first race sunday and im sure ill be one of the very few racing a 125 against 250f's and 450's. Its more of the rider than it is the bike

I'm 19 and just started riding about 3 weeks ago on a KTM 125. My ? is if I went to a track to race this bike would I be racing with a bunch of kids or are there actually adults who race the 125 2t/ 250 4t class?

You will be racing adults

Well this thread was useless lol a bud of mine made me an offer on my bike I couldn't refuse so I'm back in the market now.

im probably the oldest person on a 125 at the track i go to. i don't see it as young vs old tho. i still look like im in my early 20's tho. im on average the same size as anyone else on the track on a 125. i wondered if i'd be with teens or adults too tho... i havent been in a race yet, but i practice with guys on 125's all the way up to 450 4t's the way i see it were all there for the same reason. FUN!

Well this thread was useless lol a bud of mine made me an offer on my bike I couldn't refuse so I'm back in the market now.

Too bad. I race a yz250f. However my favorite bike of all time is a 1997 rm125 that I still race every once and a while to this day. I weigh 205lbs and can still keep up (all be it hard work) with the 4 strokers.