Sign in to follow this  

05 CRF450r whistles

Whats the deal I just broke in a new 05 crf450r left over and now I get a whistle when I give it light throttle or blip the throttle. But sounds great when I hammer into it.

Dont get me wrong it does not sound like its going to explode but its driving me nuts.

Anyone know what this is? Vent hose? Air box?

It can get pretty annoying:bonk:

Can you tell where it is coming from? I would check the torque on the bolts where the pipe connects to the cylinder and the clamp that holds the can to the header.

Good Luck

Whats the deal I just broke in a new 05 crf450r left over and now I get a whistle when I give it light throttle or blip the throttle. But sounds great when I hammer into it.

Dont get me wrong it does not sound like its going to explode but its driving me nuts.

Anyone know what this is? Vent hose? Air box?

It can get pretty annoying:bonk:

How did you break it in, and when did the whistle start?

My 07 has whistled from day one. My buddy's 06 and 07 also do it. It's in the carb somewhere.

most 450s do ,it its just sucking air, listen to the air boot or air box you can hear it slightly even idling

My bad its an 06 but anyways i read somewheres that the vent tube leading to the air box is what makes this sound.

I also replaced the stock air filter with a aftermarket PC filter that same day.

Maybe this helped with letting this noise come out.

if you replaced the air filter did you remove that restrictive screen in the air filter assembly ? if so thats were its coming from cuz you are getting more air flow and you will get a whistling noise almost like you get when you put a cold air intake on a car or truck its more air flow sucking through the carb. i have an 05 450r and i removed the screen and i get a whistling like sound now as well.

Put a loud ass pipe on it to drown out the carb noise!! :thumbsup: