Sign in to follow this  

08 450 sxf woods setup

I have read several comments about the 450sxf and that it is not a very good woods bike. I have ridden CR 250's for years and then changed over to thumpers. This by far has been my favorite. I love the power. I am going to be putting a pro rekluse on it this year. I held off from doing so last year. I do want to get rid of some of the bog off the bottom. Any suggestions?

JD Jetting kits and R&D Accel. Pump.....No bog and if you think your bike runs decent now, after you install the suggested you will not believe the different....Great products that work and provide a great result for the money invested. ...Let us know if you try this proven set up and what you think....My .02

JD Jetting kits and R&D Accel. Pump.....No bog and if you think your bike runs decent now, after you install the suggested you will not believe the different....Great products that work and provide a great result for the money invested. ...Let us know if you try this proven set up and what you think....My .02

What does it cost for that, and how hard is it to install?

Under a $250 for the jd kit and RD, took no more then 45min to put together. I took off my sx tank and installed a clarke tank at the same time, also did the dual ignition switch.

So groundpounderst are you saying the SX450 will work in the trails? My son will be testing an 08 tomorrow.

I have been very happy with mine. The only issue has been at low RPMS, but with the help from everyone here, it appears there is a good fix. The power is awesome.

Under a $250 for the jd kit and RD, took no more then 45min to put together. I took off my sx tank and installed a clarke tank at the same time, also did the dual ignition switch.

Thanks Pumpkin! What is the price of just the RD pump? Can you buy just that, and get the jd kit later, or do you have to get both at the same time? I've heard good things about the accelerator pump, and would like to try it.

I paid 150 canadian for the RD bowl. I would suggest the JD kit first. I was tearing the tank off, so I bought the jetting kit first, then I figured that while I was in the carb I might as well put the bowl on. The suspension is where it gets fun. Did all the basic stuff, 20ml of oil drained, Moose fork skins(highly recommended) Set the Sag at 112mm. The bike is just so sensitive to change, one click +/- and it like riding a new bike. Suspension is going to be the best think for this bike, but $700 is alot of change to spend. See how well it feels after a race or two and if its still bad then I`ll put the money down. If your a faster guy, stay with the stock gearing, or go to a 53 on the rear and a good O-ring chain. Skid plate and hand guards, and the clutch/slave guard too, when the chain brakes and destroys the casing, 65 dollars seems like a good investment. Twin air filter. Im still debating on a flywheel weight but they are good. Most of it depends on your bank roll and what you want to do. I think the biggest improvment I ever made was just spending time on the bike and testing, these bikes are just so well made nowadays. I made mine into a real woods weapon and couldnt of been happier. The four speed may seem like a hinderance, but its just not that common to be wide open all the time, besides if your faster in the tight stuff, your friends will be playing catch up on the straights anyway. I hope you enjoy your bike.

Thanks, if he gets it he will be installing the rekluse pro on it right away. "Awsome power" that sounds good for him and you but mabye not so good for my 07 450R. Enjoy your bike.