Sign in to follow this  

cleaning supplies

ok guys im looking for sumthing to get of dirt,clay,mud and other gunk of the frame and motor with out taking off any of the coating :):banghead: ,if there is any

Shout Laundry Stain Remover, yes the stuff in the grocery store.

Hose down dirty bike to get big mud clots off....spray entire bike, engine, carbs, plastics with SHOUT. Let sit for a few minutes. Hose off clean.

Dry with leaf blower.

Done. Been using this method for years and keeps the bike looking great. No scrubbing needed.

Will not discolor any painted parts.

Shout Laundry Stain Remover, yes the stuff in the grocery store.

Hose down dirty bike to get big mud clots off....spray entire bike, engine, carbs, plastics with SHOUT. Let sit for a few minutes. Hose off clean.

Dry with leaf blower.

Done. Been using this method for years and keeps the bike looking great. No scrubbing needed.

Will not discolor any painted parts.

never thought of using a leaf blower. :) Great idea, though neighbors may give funny looks...oh well.

+2 on the shout. i used to use simple green and heard about using shout instead and it works wonders.

i use simple green as well but dont leave it on too long it can like eat away at stuff

ok well i got graphics on my plastics will SHOUT discolor them or cause them to curl up or come off ????????????

no, the shout won't do anything to them.

I use simple green it works ok, but lots of scrubbing is still needed when I ride in mud :thumbsup: