AP Mod Question

I want to try finally do the AP Mod (O-ring). The one thing that stopped me last year was that I wasn't confident in my skills at taking apart my brand new dirt bike. Now I'm confident.

The "instructions" (RedBeard) show that the top bolt of the subframe needs to be removed and the subframe pivoted downward. Well that's all great and everything but I seem to have a lot of wires at the top of the subframe that are so tight that they keep the subframe from being pivoted downward. It's nice that every picture I see of this process doesn't show any wires at all. If I didn't have wires the process would be easy. Must be a demo bike that they have.

My online manual shows to remove the lower bolt and pivot the subframe up. I think this would solve my wire problem at the top and still allow me access to the AP. Is that correct?

Do I need to pull the carb all the way out to perform this mod?

Definitely upwards - will hit the rear wheel trying to go downwards ??

Personally I like to be able to get at things so I removed the carb to rejet and AP mod - installed JD Kit

Adds an hour or so to the job but you can see and easily access everything and no frustrations

my 02, fwiw

That redbeard thing is 450 and 40mm carb related, too bad everyone keeps linking to it in this section. The 250x subframe swivels up with careful consideration of the wires and hose, you may have to shake some slack in them.

Only part you need to do is the Oring, forget the rivet mod and setting the gap the way he shows. Use a #78 ring and if you have trouble stretching it on remove the gap adj screw to put it on, just count the turns out and set it back to where it was.