Sign in to follow this  

Help with Arm Pump

I'm just getting into riding again after being off the bike for 6 months. This weekend was my first weekend of practicing. I got some major arm pump and i'd like to lose that asap so i can rip! Please post any tips or advice you have to get rid of it. I do not lift what so ever either...Thanks!:)

I've never had any serious problems with arm pump, but from what I've heard the best solution is to strengthen the muscles with one of those spring loaded fist excersise machines.... not sure what you call it, the kind you hold in one hand and just squeeze open and shut. Basically two handles connected by a spring, resisting pressure to squeeze it closed....

man somthing that i have discovered is that energy drinks accelerate arm pump. I like the boost i get from them, but it definately increases arm pump. I tried riding a few months ago without one, and it was hands down way better. I imagine it is due to increased blood flow or somthin like that

man somthing that i have discovered is that energy drinks accelerate arm pump. I like the boost i get from them, but it definately increases arm pump. I tried riding a few months ago without one, and it was hands down way better. I imagine it is due to increased blood flow or somthin like that

Energy drinks are a diuretic. Instead of hydrating you like water would, they give you a mental boost but cause you to dehydrate a lot quicker. Also the carbonation doesn't help keep lactic acid buildup to a minimum. Try eating a good meal the night b4 you race and also a balanced breakfast. You'll feel way better than with that energy drink.

I'm just getting into riding again after being off the bike for 6 months. This weekend was my first weekend of practicing. I got some major arm pump and i'd like to lose that asap so i can rip! Please post any tips or advice you have to get rid of it. I do not lift what so ever either...Thanks!:)

The best think for armpump is a lot of seat time but if you can't do that check out the free video preview of my Elimiating Armpump video: http://www.gsmxs.com/dvd.htm It's DVD # 6. :banghead:

You can turn what you can't feel.

Good luck,

Gary

you might just try softening up your forks, sometimes when your susspension is too stiff up front you tend to hold on tighter and PUMP up

I would suggest drinking at least three Monster's before a race and eating tons of snickers. They will give you the immediate boost that you need for the race. The arm pump is caused by having nervous jitters while racing or riding in general. The monsters will focus you completely and help you concentrate on not holding on so tight man. Shoot if you just maybe tighten up your front steering bearing retainer nut that might cure all your problems. I have raced with all the pros man and if you want more direct tips just contact me personally I will hook you up!

I would suggest drinking at least three Monster's before a race and eating tons of snickers. They will give you the immediate boost that you need for the race. The arm pump is caused by having nervous jitters while racing or riding in general. The monsters will focus you completely and help you concentrate on not holding on so tight man. Shoot if you just maybe tighten up your front steering bearing retainer nut that might cure all your problems. I have raced with all the pros man and if you want more direct tips just contact me personally I will hook you up!

dont forget to add a six shot espresso between motos!