Sign in to follow this  

Cleaned seal, Add oil?

So, I recently tried the 35mm film trick on my '03 rm125 and I fixed my leaking seal. The problem is that it was leaking for a couple of rides before that and I think I lost a good bit of oil and I want to top it up. How do I do that? My suspension was revalved by race tech if that changes anything, and how much oil is the proper amount?

The film trick works good if you catch it right away or need to get through a race weekend. You will need to drain your forks clean them and add all new oil. You might as well throw new seals in it as well. If Racetech did your suspension then they should have labeled the forks with the settings or have them on file.

drain and measure how many ml was left in the tranny and refill with 850 ml of motor oil 10-40w that what the spec is

drain and measure how many ml was left in the tranny and refill with 850 ml of motor oil 10-40w that what the spec is

not sure if you read the post....but i believe hes talking about the fork seals.

If the seals are holding then check with your RaceTech shop and see if they have a oil height spec., and also verify what weight oil they used (most likely 5w).

They can explain how to measure the oil and get it back into tolerance. Although if only one leg was leaking then just measure the "good" leg and add enough oil to bring the second one back up.