Sign in to follow this  

upgrading to FCR from TT store, need oring mod?

Im upgrading to the fcr39 on my 06 SM. I bought it from TT store so im not sure if it was already modified with the oring mod or if it even needs to be.

thanks for the quick reply. is the stronger springs a good alternative and just as affective?

how long do these o rings usually last...im still on my first...curious..

I did the Merge AP spring after having the o-ring mod for 6000 miles and one year. The o-ring was in bad condition and split half way thru...I'm not sure it would have lasted much longer. The Merge spring was like $20 and I think well worth it to not have to deal with it again. To redo the o-ring would only be a 3 minute deal so not a big deal there either.

I just did the Merge AP spring instead of the "O"ring mod so I don't have to worry about it:thumbsup:

Thanks to all the info here I even did that myself :):banghead: :banghead: :foul::p:busted::crazy:

I dropped the $20. cdn on the Merge AP spring and have not looked back since.

you need to take the damn carb out to re-do this mod dont you?:)

To install the spring, the carb really should be removed. It could be done on the bike but, it may be more difficult and frustrating if you try to. I for one, would never try to do it on the bike Buck up, get with the program. R&Ring the carb is good for you, builds character.

However, doing the oring on the bike is a easy, one minute job.