Sign in to follow this  

After market tail lights

Hi Crew,

I have a 08X and in Australia they come standard with a big bulcky compliance plate hanging off the back with the number plate, blinkers,tail lamp and rego sticker all attatched.

One of the first things I did after buying the bike was to take all that crap off!

I have my number plate tied on to my camel pack now.

I fitted some after market blinkers to the rear fender just behind the back seat above the exhausts so they dont melt! They look really trick and should not get in the way and break off in hurry.They are probly not exactly legal but with some smooth talking I dont think I will have any trouble with the police if they ever pulled me over.(at least the bike has blinkers now)Problem is they are not working!!

Every thing is wired up just right but... when I turn the new rear blinkers on my front ones stop working! I can not work out for the life of me whats wrong.

The only thing I can think of is that the new rear blinkers are 10amp standard globe type ones,and the stock ones that I have taken off were LED.Could these be drawing to much power and causing the problem?? any electrical wizzards out there?

Ill post dome pics soon of the bike as the blinkers look great and not at all in the way.

Cheers

Luke

Where abouts in australia do u live?

I was thinksing of doing the same on my 07 250x for indicators i took the old onse off and used the HELLA LEDs that are on the side of trucks they work fine and sit in really close im trying to use the 4 LEDs on the mudgaurd but if i plug them in then my break lights stop working and indicators. Did you have a problem with this?

Why do you want indicators on an off road bike ?

They are not really designed for a lot of road work.

In answer to your question I suspect they are drawing too much current - to prove just temporarily reconnect your original ones and retest.

Because I ride out to the bush and if i didnt have a licenced bike or a licence the police dont really like it