Sign in to follow this  

Tank sticker bubbles.............

Are these decals on the fuel tank of my 2003 ttr-250 posessed by gas molecule demons coming through the plastic tank or what? I'm ready to peel mine off and just put a small Yamaha logo decal back on.Its really very anoying..............................................

Peel them back get the bubbles out and smooth them back out .They will usaly stick again for a day or two lol. I have one side that seems to bubble more often than the other .

Same thing happened to mine....I eventually just peeled them off, and it still looked pretty good.

pm john4ct. He has developed the answer for the tank decal bubbling.

I've had my set for 5 or 6 months now I think, no bubbling at all. I don't know if he was going to make any more or not, but he has a good fix for it.

I suffered the same thing, what you need to do is drain the fuel tank about 2-3 days before install, let it air out, and let it sit for about another 2-3 days before you fill it again.

On most all my tank graphics, they have small holes or slit's for the tank to outgas.(Like the factory ones do as well.)

Shroud graphics are fine, but anything on the tank directly will have issues like this.

There is no fix for it. Thankfully my bikes now dont have graphics on the tank so I dont have to deal with it.

THey will always bubble. Gas vents thru the plastic tank walls and attacks the graphics. It always will. Nothing you can do to stop it. On my old YZ400 I pealed the graphics off on the side of the trail and stuck them to a nearby rock. Problem solved.

Fill your tank back up when you're done riding and you won't have that problem. It's not the gas that makes the labels bubble and peel, it's the gas vapor. Full tank, no vapor. My 2004 TTR looks fine still.