Sign in to follow this  

'03 Ktm 450exc

I was just wondering if this bike could be used for more road than trail use..say about 80% road and 20% trail? Would this be costly in maintaining the bike? I would probably be doing 200kays per week on the road, n about 40 kays on trail...

I have the same bike, same year. You will defenatly have to get a new seat. Tall soft, or standard soft. the stock seat is brutal on the butt. Also, at 50+mph my bike seems to be a tad unstable on the street. Could easily be because of the knobbies I have on it. I just recently had the suspension revalved and perfectly tuned for me, (I am 173#) and the bike is now fantastic on street and trail. I would test ride one on the street first and see how you like the street riding characteristics. Good luck

Mine also has ample hours, and runs smoooooth. Just did an oil change and the screens, and magnet on the oil drain plug were spotless. No metal flakes or debris whatsoever. Knocking on wood and loving the bike

Yep, already ridden one of the sreet and on the trail, love it... but would i be better off getting the bigger bore brother, the 525? Just for the extra oomph at higher speeds...

my riding buddy has the 05 525. I like the 450 power delivery. The 525 has a bit more oomph on the street when getting to the higher speeds, but the handling of the higher road speeds on both bikes was not cozy for me. Both have steering dampners too. , but I ride mostly trails where I like the 450's power delivery. Both are great bikes. Good luck and have fun.