Sign in to follow this  

Front Fender Swap (from '98 to '03ish)???

I am going to be getting a new front fender soon and would really like to get a newer style for my '98 RM250.

It looks like the '03ish has the same bolt holes as the '98. Has anyone tried to swap a newer front fender on an older bike?

Not that I know of, I have not done it but others on this forum have with no issues.

Nope no problems just bolt up and go remember that suzuki did change the color of yellows abit so you might see a difference in the color.

Yeah, I'm going black front and black rear fenders. The rear will stay 1998 tho.

Here's a pic of my 2000 rm250 with a yellow fade to black theme i think the rm's look sick this way. Hope this pic. helps you kinda get an idea.

DSC_0732.jpg?t=1237427120

Just be aware that the fender *might* hit the pipe. I know they are only subtle differences, but I put a 2002 pipe onto my 2001 Rm 250 and the front fender hit the pipe. Not sure if this will happen on your ride, but I just wanted to let you know of a possible problem.

Just be aware that the fender *might* hit the pipe. I know they are only subtle differences, but I put a 2002 pipe onto my 2001 Rm 250 and the front fender hit the pipe. Not sure if this will happen on your ride, but I just wanted to let you know of a possible problem.

Hummmm correct me if im wrong but i dont think a 2002 pipe will fit a 2001 rm250

You take that to track or trails

All trails but i sold that beast and got an 02 rm250 that kicks ass.......:)