Sign in to follow this  

Grey Wire Mod

I was wondering if i should cut the grey wire on my wr250f. I need more power. Im not sure if it will cause future problems with the bike, like jetting problems or timing problems. Also i'am not sure if it is a canadian model or an american modle. So it might not have the grey wire. I need some opinions on weither or not to cut the grey wire.

Check the faq it will be your best bet.Dont cut the wire,simply unplug it.

Mate cut the grey wire, take your baffle out and cut your throttle stop. You'll have to re-jet but thats easy.

And if you just cut your grey wire and don't like the way it runs then join it back together, pretty easy answer really.

i did mine but could honestly feel no difference. the bikes really respond well to a yz pipe or aftermarket($$$$$) and proper jetting. if your in the usa you also need to derestrict the bike whereas over here in aus yamaha does it all for us:thumbsup:

If you have a US model with the gray wire, you WOULD see a huge difference after cutting that wire. My WR could hardly get out of its own way in stock tune. Actually, it's not anything real vicious even with the free mods. A YZF exhaust cam and a Hotcam intake cam woke things up a bit though.

Back to the US & non-US determination- Look at your bike around the steering head and downtube. If your bike is a Canuck model, it might have some maple-leaf looking sticker (that's what my Canadian 01/02 RM125s and RM250s had).

You're asking opinions about cutting a wire you're not even sure you have? Personally, I'd figure that out first. If you have it, pull it, tape it and then complete the other free mods. If you still need more power, I'd suggest a trade-in for a bigger scooter.