What do you think...

I'm a Reed fan(more so than Stewart, RV, or previously RC) and I've been watching the at the wire live every week since Reed came here to America. So I see his lap times each lap compared to Stewart, RC, RV, etc. and I think that his down side is his endurance. Im not trying to say Id do better, or this or that, its meant in no disrespect at all he has mad skills on a bike. But when looking at his times compared to the competition he seems like he is able to run their lap times for a 5-10 laps and then thats about it(usually),

I just want to know what you guys think. Idk if he's ever had a trainer and im not saying he doesnt work hard or doesnt want it or anything, but James is just able to go the same pace longer(it seems). I read that Reed's trainer is Ellie, which would be nice lol, but at the same time idk how much expertise she has in Personal Training. Do you guys think its more endurance or Stewarts ability on the bike?

I know that in 2005 Reed had the fastest laps the first 3 or 4 rounds, but didnt win a single race to either RC or Stewart. Hes always been fast, but I THINK he struggles with consistancy doing it for 20 laps. He can do it for about 5-15 most races. this is just my opinion, I dont want to hear any bs crap from anyone cuz of my opinion, Im entitled to what I want to think.

I think after 10 or so laps he "settles" for 2nd and stops trying, it seems once Stewart puts a full straight away on him he thinks its over, alot of times it is. Its gotta be frustrating to see first place right there but you just cant reach it yet 3rd place most of the time cant even catch your dust. I really think the tracks this year have led to some crappy racing, like the S turn after the start in Houston, stuff like that just doesnt seem right when your trying to cram 20 bikes through. Again, just my opinion.

I'm a Reed fan(more so than Stewart, RV, or previously RC) and I've been watching the at the wire live every week since Reed came here to America. So I see his lap times each lap compared to Stewart, RC, RV, etc. and I think that his down side is his endurance. Im not trying to say Id do better, or this or that, its meant in no disrespect at all he has mad skills on a bike. But when looking at his times compared to the competition he seems like he is able to run their lap times for a 5-10 laps and then thats about it(usually),

I just want to know what you guys think. Idk if he's ever had a trainer and im not saying he doesnt work hard or doesnt want it or anything, but James is just able to go the same pace longer(it seems). I read that Reed's trainer is Ellie, which would be nice lol, but at the same time idk how much expertise she has in Personal Training. Do you guys think its more endurance or Stewarts ability on the bike?

I know that in 2005 Reed had the fastest laps the first 3 or 4 rounds, but didnt win a single race to either RC or Stewart. Hes always been fast, but I THINK he struggles with consistancy doing it for 20 laps. He can do it for about 5-15 most races. this is just my opinion, I dont want to hear any bs crap from anyone cuz of my opinion, Im entitled to what I want to think.

Reed can definitely run faster lap times if he wanted to however it would come at a cost being he would be riding out of his comfort zone which generally means making mistakes. Reed in my opinion is the smartest most consistent rider out there.

BTW, I'm a huge JS fan!?

Reed in my opinion is the smartest most consistent rider out there.

I agree. Reed's lap times race after race are consistent and he remains strong through the end. Stewart takes chances and one little lapse will put him on the ground, as we've seen on a few occasions this season.

Consistency wins championships, which is why Reed has the points lead right now.

I think his endurance is fine.... his success has been based on consistency. He looked torqued after NO because he clearly decided not to try to run with JS because of the points race.. The guy is a professional racer and I'm sure his instincts told him to go after JS but he needs the points and a second kept him ahead on points so he sucked it up... Must have been a tough call with family in town from overseas.

Trying to catch the fastest guy around could have meant pushing too hard, a crash, and a 9th place finish erasing the last two wins...

Reed didn't settle at NO. Read his interview on racerx.

Reeds fastest lap and fastest lap of the night at daytona, came on lap 16 I believe. Endurance is not an issue. I'd say his focus gets a bit off if he's not moving up. But I'm sure everyone struggles with now and then.

Reed didn't settle at NO. Read his interview on racerx.

Reeds fastest lap and fastest lap of the night at daytona, came on lap 16 I believe. Endurance is not an issue. I'd say his focus gets a bit off if he's not moving up. But I'm sure everyone struggles with now and then.

I agree. Chad rode the normal Chad race. Careful at the starts, pick off riders thoughout the race, looks fresh and strong towards the end of the race.

I think any of those pro's could aways go a little faster, but Chad has a lot to lose. Before the race, James said "I am what I am. I'm not changing a thing..."

That tells me that he will stay on the ragged edge. If James wins the next two (possible), then maybe Chad will have no choice but to "twist the throttle" as he says. Either that, or settle for second. I cannot forsee Chad finishing less than second in the series. He'll have to go for it.

Reed is an intelligent rider.

He understands that to win a championship you've got to stay on the podium. If that means settling for 2nd, as frustrating as that may be, he stands a better chance of defending his title.

That being said, if James puts a few more victory laps under his belt, he might have to step up his game and take a few risks. If this happens, not only will we see some competitive racing, but there will most likely be dramatic changes to the points standings for these two.

From Steve Matthes:

Reed rode pretty conservative, I think. Here’s the thing with Chad: he knows that he needs to pressure James to maybe get him to make a mistake and if he can’t do it, he’s not going to kill himself trying. He’s got the points lead and right now can get second with one eye closed (unlike earlier in the series, when I thought Shorty and RV might get up there). When I was at his place he was knocking off pretty fast times, and then he did one lap blitzing everything on his track and his body english totally changed when he was going balls-out. I didn’t see balls-out this weekend, to be honest. Ok, enough talk about balls

Who has the points lead "the fastest rider on the planet" or the guy who doesn't crash and finishes every race?? Consistancy is winning this year. Vegas could be an all out brawl though if JS can keep the rubber side down.

I agree. Reed's lap times race after race are consistent and he remains strong through the end. Stewart takes chances and one little lapse will put him on the ground, as we've seen on a few occasions this season.

Consistency wins championships, which is why Reed has the points lead right now.

I agree with this 100%.

While Stewart is fast lots of races, he is inconsistent.

Reed is more smooth, and rarely crashes himself out of a race.

I am glad to see Reed with the most points right now, he deserves it.

Although the comic relief JS gives me is great...I loved it 2 weekends ago when he crashed then tried to take another guys bike....That was awesome watching him trying to get another bike started, and the guy trying to let him know he had the wrong bike, but he was so flustered he was not getting the message and just kept kicking away.

:banghead: :banghead: :foul:

I am sure he made his team proud....lol

?

I sometimes think Reed is the smarter rider to let JS just take off out of control.

Its obviously working if you look at the points. ?

Chad has his style... James has his. Both of these guys are champions. I wouldn't say that Chad isn't fast, cause he really is. I wouldnt say that Jame's isn't consistent cause he's won 8 of 11 races this year. How much more consistent do you need to be?

While Reed takes less risks that James, I am not convinced that waiting for the other guy to screw up is the best strategy. He needs to make it happen. He needs to get on Jame's ass, and stay there. Put the pressure on him. I happen to think that James rides excellent under pressure. If you get close to him, 99% of the time, he's going to pull away.

I wonder what would happend if James just decided to sit on Chad's rear wheel for a few laps? Hmmm.... (it will never happen, he'll just pass him)

As far as JS on CR's rear wheel, that's a skill that only RC has been able to master. With RC, we saw JS "give up" plenty of times. Its that speed to stay in front and answer back quickly against his banzaii passes. JS blitzes on his passes and if you can withstand it, he backs off. CR hasn't been in the lead enough nor has he shown the speed to pass him back quickly.