Sign in to follow this  

Question about the decomp pin fix

My dealer told me that I would have to bring the bike in and leave it there before they would even order the parts. I asked her why they wouldn't order them ahead of time being that they sold me the bike and know the VIN number so I wouldn't be without my bike. She said they can't order them without the bike there first. They are closed on Monday, they say it will take at LEAST a week to get the part, then they will schedule it after they get the part. So I am thinking this could possibly turn into a 3 week ordeal. :)

I called another dealer and they told me the same thing. I might just get the aftermarket one and do it myself, I have never had a dealer fix anything for me, and now I remember why. So the question is, Has anybody else had to go through this to get it fixed?

My dealer told me that I would have to bring the bike in and leave it there before they would even order the parts. I asked her why they wouldn't order them ahead of time being that they sold me the bike and know the VIN number so I wouldn't be without my bike. She said they can't order them without the bike there first. They are closed on Monday, they say it will take at LEAST a week to get the part, then they will schedule it after they get the part. So I am thinking this could possibly turn into a 3 week ordeal. :)

I called another dealer and they told me the same thing. I might just get the aftermarket one and do it myself, I have never had a dealer fix anything for me, and now I remember why. So the question is, Has anybody else had to go through this to get it fixed?

They are WRONG!

On the pamphlet you received in the mail there is a # to honda to report and resolve situations like this. It may take a bit of time on hold and a few people to help you resolve this but that's the route I'd go if I was told that BS by a dealer.

Mine was ordered over the phone. It came in 2 days, took the bike in today and hope to have it back tomorrow.

there full of crap

i posted the part number in another thread for those that want to order it and do it them selves like i did

There full of crap, I call a dealer last week that I didn't buy the bike from, even before I got the recall and they look up the vin# to make sure it was one to be recalled and then order the part. They said they will call when the part is in for a time to bring it in. They said it would be there for a day.

Stewart Frank

09CRF450R

STORM#350

They are WRONG!

On the pamphlet you received in the mail there is a # to honda to report and resolve situations like this. It may take a bit of time on hold and a few people to help you resolve this but that's the route I'd go if I was told that BS by a dealer.

yes, you are right, I found it "If you are not satisfied with the service you receive from your Honda dealer, you may write to:"

Which also includes the phone number. Looks like I will be calling them today.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't read that far down on the notice.

Yeah that's not cool. I called my dealer on Monday and they said they will have the part in a week and then I can bring it in. Should be pretty simple...

That is bogus. My dealer just called me about 30 minutes ago to tell me the parts kit, which he did not order but was shipped automatically, is now in and I can bring my bike by the shop next Tuesday. Next Tuesday only because he was booked till then. I also asked him if they could just check the valve clearances while in there and he said he thinks it is part of the procedure but will make sure (no cost).

Just got off the phone with my dealer and he said that they already have the kits there to fix it.

I called my dealer and they said they had 2 kits in stock, took my bike to them and they were done with it in under an hour!

There's no way you should have to leave your bike with a dealer while they order parts - they are trying to pull some sort of fast one on you. At the very least, they are trying to make sure you don't ride until the new parts are in. But they could have just told you to stay off the bike until its fixed. Glad you didn't take the bike there.

A guy i know had the same problem, it took for him to shout down the phone and threaten to throw the bike back for a full refund....

He got the pin sorted very soon after that!!!!!!!

Thats in the UK, they told him at first there were no kits available.

if that is the case with your dealer, honestly... they suck. my dealer called me and told me I had one coming before I even got the letter. told me that i could drop it of in the morning and pick it up that afternoon. they want me to be on the bike showing it off rather than it sitting in the shop! thought most dealers knew this?

Well, I took my bike in to my dealer Tuesday at 10:00 AM and they called me just before noon the same day and said it was ready. I started it up and either it is just in my head, or this thing starts with barely a push on the kick starter. Maybe it's just me but...damn this thing seems to start super easy now. "West Honda" in Albuquerque, NM is awesome.