sleepy hollow race?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Sat. practice, right? I've never been there, and with the 2 sight laps you get on a raceday practice I'd be nervous to race...

Probably May 23/24 though.

It's no big deal. They give you 15 mins each class for practice which is about 4 laps. More than enough for that track and it isn't hard or technical it just changes from lap to lap that's all.

It's no big deal. They give you 15 mins each class for practice which is about 4 laps. More than enough for that track and it isn't hard or technical it just changes from lap to lap that's all.

I'm thinking about it now. My Dad said he NEVER got to practice on the race-track the day before the race. I just watched revitup's helmet cam from the track again. It looks fairly easy to learn. I have scared myself before when learning new tracks. But it doesn't look like there are many similar-looking blind jumps. I'll see how I'm feeling Saturday night, although I haven't decided where I'll be riding Saturday yet.

Good luck with that! I have raced there a few times and I think its one of the worst tracks I have ever been to. That place sux in my opinion. Too narrow of a track to be raced on and it breaks down extrememly fast. Its almost like thier 5th moto of the day is like one of the late 2nd motos at another track.

But it doesn't look like there are many similar-looking blind jumps.

Correct, there really is only one, the triple down in the valley. The double option is easy and safe. I just started doing the triple last year only if I do the double out of the turn.

I'm thinking about it now. My Dad said he NEVER got to practice on the race-track the day before the race. I just watched revitup's helmet cam from the track again. It looks fairly easy to learn. I have scared myself before when learning new tracks. But it doesn't look like there are many similar-looking blind jumps. I'll see how I'm feeling Saturday night, although I haven't decided where I'll be riding Saturday yet.

Back in the day it was very rare that a track had a practice day. You would just show up and run the morning practice which I think was only 2 laps tops.

Hit me up with a PM and maybe we can meet up at the track since we race the same class.

Mihylo, Isn't the LL qualifier at doublin this weekend? I thought you were gonna try to make it there.

The LL qualifier is next weekend, 27th,28th and 29th, but I am not sure if I am going now. This is a bad year for racing because of the economy. If my one friend goes and brings his Toyhauler I'll go, but won't if I have to spend extra cash on a hotel.

There is also the fact that I haven't ridden since last November.

There is also the fact that I haven't ridden since last November.

damn dude...lol...you better go get some practice in before you race....just had my 2nd track day of the year wed...oh my poor body is just cussing me right now...lol....sore as can be! ?

Oh good luck hope it works out for you.

Thanks man:thumbsup:

damn dude...lol...you better go get some practice in before you race....just had my 2nd track day of the year wed...oh my poor body is just cussing me right now...lol....sore as can be!?

I am in poor shape too! :usa: I have been workin my ass off the last couple of days on my property though. All that walking through the woods and cutting wood is really tiring work. I still have to fit my EVS to my new chest protectors, set my sag etc etc. ? Will do some riding this afternoon to wear myself in.