Sign in to follow this  

need help with jetting for new pipe

So my brother in law just ordered a pro circuit t-4 or ti-4. I think it is the stainless one. This is for his 08 crf450x. I am not a honda guy so I can't help him out. He needs help trying to figure out if he needs to change his jetting for the new slip on pipe. He has stock jetting and lives at 2000 ft elevation,(near Sacramento CA). Also for this carb are there any other recommended add-ons? If we are changing out the jets, now is the time for other carb mods. I do not have any experience on this bike, so let me know what you guys think. Thanks

So my brother in law just ordered a pro circuit t-4 or ti-4. I think it is the stainless one. This is for his 08 crf450x. I am not a honda guy so I can't help him out. He needs help trying to figure out if he needs to change his jetting for the new slip on pipe. He has stock jetting and lives at 2000 ft elevation,(near Sacramento CA). Also for this carb are there any other recommended add-ons? If we are changing out the jets, now is the time for other carb mods. I do not have any experience on this bike, so let me know what you guys think. Thanks

You need to read the stickies at the top of the forum, to get a handle on tuning. If you add more exhaust flow, you should add more intake flow, and rejet the carb.