Sign in to follow this  

Wr125?

What are the power characteristics of the WR125 any year? Does it make a good trail bike? I saw some sweet videos of them on Youtube. Are they good for beginners?

Good for everyone, except beginners who have short legs as they are a little tall.

Ditto above, very tall.

My 2006 can lug around well for beginners and they would not even know about the top end.The only problem with a beginner is they have too shift a lot, on the other side its good experience as you really have to keep on top of it.The top end is really impressive for such a teenie motor and I still get a real kick out of it.

My only mods were lighter spring in the rear, revalve on the forks and lower gearing.

When I buy another dirt bike I will be keeping this, its too much fun:thumbsup:

Was there a year that the wr125's had a lower seat height? The 2008-09's are around 37" if I'm not mistaken. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the early 2000's where somewhat lower? Thanks for the info if ya got it. (Sorry to thread jack but I'm a 30" inseam beginner in Cali looking for a green sticker WR.)

Was there a year that the wr125's had a lower seat height? The 2008-09's are around 37" if I'm not mistaken. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the early 2000's where somewhat lower? Thanks for the info if ya got it. (Sorry to thread jack but I'm a 30" inseam beginner in Cali looking for a green sticker WR.)

Buy any year and get it shortened. Cost about $100 with a supension service.

I just bought Norm's old Wr125 and it is shortened. I may get the spacer taken out to raise it up. I have a 30" inseam also.

It's good for beginners too... I am a beginner and i have the 08 WR125 and if you want you can lower it down a few inch.

The 04 and older are a couple inches lower and narrower. I think 02 is the newest WR of the old body style you would find in the states. You could put the old plastic, seat, and tank on one up to 08 though. I would do that before I lowered the suspension.

Just curious, will the bike wheelie out on the trail very easy? Lofting the front end over logs, water crassings and such??:)

Just curious, will the bike wheelie out on the trail very easy? Lofting the front end over logs, water crassings and such??:)

Yup, any little bump on power, or gas and clutch in 1st 3 gears in the flat.

It's not going to stand up in 4-5th like a big 4 strokes unless you are the wheelie king.

Top end on the Husky 125 is VERY strong.

I'm 190# and find really no shortage of yank even in the sand.

Top speed is limited due to the small motor though.