Sign in to follow this  

tire tube size confusion they don't go up to my size?

my rear tire is 130/80-18 and all i need is a tube. but looking on TT store i haven't found a tube for that size tire. in the 18" tires they only go up to like 110 on the first number. i'm starting to think i'm just looking at it wrong or something.. it needs one with the straight metal valve stem tr-4 or tr-6 hurts to have your bike down for something so simple, but thats what i get for switching tires myself. i pinched 9 holes in the tube taking the tire off one rim and putting it on the other:banghead: thanks for any help

130 is I believe a michelin tire size...they measure from knob to knob thats how they get 130...its just as wide as a 110..in other words a 110 tube is perfect..

Yeah the MIchelin numbering system doesn't match the rest of the industry, the numbers are about one size bigger compared to other tires.

110 is the big tube and will work just fine. As CM said the tubes stretch, I've used a 21" tube in the rear in an emergency.

The tube will stretch, don't worry about it.

exactly. Rubber, um, stretches.

I used to work at a bike shop (pedal style) and one of the most "popular" questions I'd get is:

I have a 26x2.125" tire, and all I see you have is 26x2.1, do you have the proper size for my tire?:)