Sign in to follow this  

I Love My new bike but have questions.

well i changed the oil today 104miles. wish i had seen the break in page sooner http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm . I would have changed it yesterday when it had 25miles on it.

Ordered MCCT and gaskets for the cases so i can do the loctite fixes.

The oil looked good light silver shimmer but good and clean. Oil felt like new.

Cleaned oil screen. Few particles on it but nothing bad.

The bike pulls good and seams to get a little more power the more i ride it.

The 1st tank only lasted 80miles. the second was only 71miles. Something weird happened tho. At only 71 miles i started it cold and it had it on full choke for 30 or 40 sec be for it stalled. I checked the fuel and sure enough it was almost gone. Sense I had it in the on position I put it on reserve. Hit the starter button and it fired but then stalled. tried a few More times and it would not start. So I put some gas in it and it still would not start. So i put it back in the on position and it started right up. I thought that was weird so i put it back on reserve and it stalled. ***. I put it back on on and it started. Now when I 1st bought it did not have enough gas in it to start in the on position. So I put it on reserve and it started. So did the reserve maby get plugged on my new bike?

I checked the fuel mileage and it came to 50mpg this time.

I'm not replying for advice but to be the first one to congratulate you on your new bike :)

George

I also need to work on the suspension. I'm 245lb so i think i need new springs. Any one have the specs for the right springs and where i can get them.

should i adjust the dampening.

when i hit a bump it bounces a few times.

Im also looking for some used rims. The MT21's are great but iv only put 200miles on them and they are showing considerable ware. Id like to just be able to switch rims and tires for off and on road. No SM rims.

Well, the others here will chime in with advice. I have no clue about this stuff. I'm just here for my good looks which are very obvious by my avatar.

RaceTech has the spring rates,Ebay has the rims.

yes the stock tank does not have much range.50 mpg is what I got when my bike was stock.