Sign in to follow this  

I just can't get enough

As if one 2006 CRF450 for $1300 isn't enough...:)

Picked this bute up today. 2005 CRF450, very very clean. Practice bike that was very well maintained. Top end changed every 15 hours, I believe its on its 3rd with a few hours and fires first kick. Did I mention its clean? Motoworks supension set up for a 180# intermediate. It needs a few things like a front brake line, tire, chain, and clutch lever but hey it was 1300! It also has a title.

It's gonna be my brothers bike. Going from a 125 to a 450:banana:

Do you guys like your 05's? Is there a big difference from the 06?

DSCN2137.jpg

DSCN2137.jpg

Where/ how did you find these two deals?

The top end was changed every 15 hours on the bike in the picture?

WOW smoking deal, I just paid $1300.00 for an 04 CRF250, that doesn't run:bonk: :):banghead:

Nice! Top end every 15 hours? Sounds good but highly doubtful.....only guys I know that do that are full fledged racers. Is that a sand tire on there?????????? :banghead:

Bike looks clean.....when you going to be home so I can take a look at it? Take those Motoworks stickers off of there. :)

This is great for Brett, Ill bet he is stoked.

He will be running so much faster and harder that he every could on that suzuki 125 .

Great find !!:)

As the economy gets worse here in AZ there are some really good deals ,

This is the time for guys that saved their money and paid all there debt off to really shine.

You would not believe the killer deals on trucks, houses, and bikes here :)

There were so many idiots that played into the credit game and really screwed themselves here, ---( just like they always do, I have seen this over and over here ).:banghead:

As the economy gets worse here in AZ there are some really good deals ,

This is the time for guys that saved their money and paid all there debt off to really shine.

You would not believe the killer deals on trucks, houses, and bikes here :)

There were so many idiots that played into the credit game and really screwed themselves here, ---( just like they always do, I have seen this over and over here ).:banghead:

I hear ya man, I have been scanning classified sections, craigslist, bike trader, etc. around here on a weekly basis looking for killer deals on something to have a little fun with on the side.

These are two great deals compared to anything close I have seen around here!

I hear ya man, I have been scanning classified sections, craigslist, bike trader, etc. around here on a weekly basis looking for killer deals on something to have a little fun with on the side.

These are two great deals compared to anything close I have seen around here!

Neither of these prices are the norm for out here.....

The 2006 was a different kind of deal....Todd can give details if he wants.

Todd said the '05 was from a rich kid.....issues there also Todd?

The best thing about this whole deal is he used to bash the shit out of Honda and moreso the 4T's. LOL

Hey,

I've got an '05 and my buddy keeps his '06 in my garage, there aren't too many differences between the two years as the '05 was a new model year. The '06 did get different valve seat material which was supposed to extend intake valve life, they also rotated the engine 5 degrees (or something like that) to lower the bikes center of gravity. There are a few other changes, but nothing too drastic.

I really do like my '05, it could turn a little better but I'm sure there are things I could do on the bike (riding style) to help in that dept. - I guess I'm just too lazy ?

As with any bike I try to keep up with maint., changing oils - engine/trans./fork/shock, greasing the linkage/steering head bearings etc. etc. You know, all of the routine stuff.

Good find !! :)

I literally sit on craigslist and hit refresh on every 5 minutes. I was first the call on the bike. Yep the one in the picture.

This is great for Brett, Ill bet he is stoked.

He will be running so much faster and harder that he every could on that suzuki 125 .

Great find !!:)

I can't wait to watch him ride it, he is gonna fly!

Neither of these prices are the norm for out here.....

The 2006 was a different kind of deal....Todd can give details if he wants.

Todd said the '05 was from a rich kid.....issues there also Todd?

The best thing about this whole deal is he used to bash the shit out of Honda and moreso the 4T's. LOL

Yeah my 06 was a weird deal but this one was from a fast intermediate kid with rich parents that took the bike to The Pit like every 3 rides or so for maintenance. I believe it, they had the money. No issues other than missing a few parts that he put on his 08 race bike. Getting a rear wheel from him for 20 bucks. I guess money wasn't a big issue with them.

But yeah I love my 06 for the track, its like cheating:worthy:

Come on over!

Hey,

I've got an '05 and my buddy keeps his '06 in my garage, there aren't too many differences between the two years as the '05 was a new model year. The '06 did get different valve seat material which was supposed to extend intake valve life, they also rotated the engine 5 degrees (or something like that) to lower the bikes center of gravity. There are a few other changes, but nothing too drastic.

I really do like my '05, it could turn a little better but I'm sure there are things I could do on the bike (riding style) to help in that dept. - I guess I'm just too lazy ?

As with any bike I try to keep up with maint., changing oils - engine/trans./fork/shock, greasing the linkage/steering head bearings etc. etc. You know, all of the routine stuff.

Good find !! :banghead:

Thanks! I was worried about the 05 valve seats but Kelstr says it should be fine. Bike fires first kick so we'll ride the thing till it dont start and then rebuild it:thumbsup:

The only thing better than having a Honda 450 is having another Honda 450.

great buy, change those fork guards!

Nice! Top end every 15 hours? Sounds good but highly doubtful.....only guys I know that do that are full fledged racers. Is that a sand tire on there?????????? :banghead:

Bike looks clean.....when you going to be home so I can take a look at it? Take those Motoworks stickers off of there. :)

LOL I know we just needed an SRH t-shirt and a flat bill cap and it would be complete. He actually never took it to the dunes. It was a spare wheel that he bought with a paddle on and he just put it on to sell it. We need some trick stix stickers

My question is what is an IDIOT:

Answer, A 45 year old man who sits on a computer all day and night and talks BS about nothing and lets his home fall into foreclosure.

Man it must be really hot out in Arizona kelstr. :)

Idiot. :banghead:

My question is what is an IDIOT:

Answer, A 45 year old man who sits on a computer all day and night and talks BS about nothing and lets his home fall into foreclosure.

Man it must be really hot out in Arizona kelstr. :)

Idiot. :banghead:

Whaa??