No loss release chuck?

If I fill a bladder w/o it, how much pressure loss there might be? Is it pointless to try to fill a bladder w/o it?

Lots. Definitely need to use one otherwise there's no way of telling how much pressure you ended up with.

If I fill a bladder w/o it, how much pressure loss there might be? Is it pointless to try to fill a bladder w/o it?

Set the nitro tank regulator at 170psi while pressurizing the rezzy with a standard schrader type adaptor and you will lose about 20psi ending up around 150psi in the rezzy which is probably the average setting.

I don`t even use my gauge for filling CRF`s and YZF`s any more:ride: Just the odd ball stuff.

So you don't even need the 200 dollar isolation valve? I was always told that since it is such a high pressure but little volume that you should not use a standard schraeder. I guess that still would not solve my problems with oil filling.

A lossless chuck can be had for $35. I bought one assembled with a hose, valve and gauge for $70.

When I filled my shock I did it about 5 or 10 times. Each time I would fill it, check it, then check it again. I lost about 10 psi every time I checked it, so I set the regulator to get 160 psi on the first check.

I get 5-10PSi loss

I measure the pressure with a tyre guage after chuck removal.

cut a length of fuel line to fit into the guage chuck so the guage only just depresses the shrader then loss from measuring is only 1 PSI max.......

maybe I need to do the same thing with the filling chuck

a guy on hberg.org put a bolt in the schrader valve tube inside the shock to restrict flow so filling the shock takes about as long as filling a car tyre.

result is that pressure loss is minimal but its a PITA to set resovoir piston height.

• 2 weeks later...