Sign in to follow this  

How To Clean A Bike

Hopefuly that title got someones attention, after a breif ride last weekend a friend of mine suggested that i try dynamo to clean my bike. for those that dont know dynamo is a laundry detergant that u clean clothes with. So anyway i tried it i just sprayed the watered down stuff all over my bike and then just washed it off with a standard garden hose with a nozzle on the end. To my ammazement it actualy worked the dirt just washed off without even a sponge or brush. However after using it a few times i thought maybe it's not the best thing for certain parts of my bike, just chasing some opinions and thoughts on it but for those who are sik of cleaning for hours i recommend trying it, and so far its saved me a few hours which ive spent riding for a bit longer. :)

i use CT-18 truck wash, and it does just what you say dynamo does. you should get some of it. you can buy it at repco, and super cheap auto, just buy it in the 5L rather then the 1L, cuz you WILL use it all over time. ive been using it for a long time, and it's never harmed a single component of the bikes ive used it on.

This is how I clean my bike...

3366522691_9e629f47a8.jpg

:banghead:

Thats the way I like to clean mine as well :):banghead:

Thats the way I like to clean mine as well :):banghead:

It might take a little longer this way, it it sure is more fun! :banghead:

BTW, you can't see it in that pic, but I'm using simple green too.

I always handwash my bike. I used to use just plain oll dish soap but my dad got some armoral stuff and it works great. But I always use a sponge and wrags. I even go though the spokes with a tooth brush. Gota get her clean no mater how long it may take in my eyes. :)

tfr (traffic film remover) is the stuff i use. cheap as chips and is diluted 50/1 or you can buy 100/1 stuff. its the dogs danglies

simple green for everything!! bikes autos gear thats ll i use and its safe just dont let it sit for hours or overnight, ive let it sit for 15mins and its NEVER hurt anything

I use a mix of a cap full of laundry detergent and water in a spray bottle. It only takes a 25 -30 minutes and best of all I can spend more time drinking cold beer rather than scrubbing away.

go to a 99 cent store or a dollar tree and buy the cheap stuff they have in the spray bottles. it works just like simple green. the one i always buy is called awsome or there is an orange one but i cant remember the name haha

I hand wash with simple green. Alot of pressure washers will in force water into places you dont want it.

Shout --

works about the same as simple green maybe better, is cheaper and smells better.