Sign in to follow this  

Where to ride/rent near Morehead City, NC

I'm heading to the NC coast this weekend and thought about dragging my dual sport along, anywhere to ride in the area?

Would also like to rent an ATV for the day so my wife could go too.

I live just west of Havelock NC. You can ride a plated dual spot in the Crotan NF. Plenty of roads, not really much for trails though. It is also very flat and wet. The only place to legally ride a ATV is off of Catfish lake road. The forest folks have a little area that is set up for ATV's and bikes. If the weather is nice it is ok-especially for a novice rider. Over all the opportunities are somewhat limited out here.

I'm assuming you are talking about the Black Swamp OHV. I've got to search and see if anyone nearby rents ATVs though it's doubtful as sparsely populated as it is. Is the place real sandy or fairly firm? I could get a small 250 for her to ride there. Just something to do. My bike is plated (KLX400SR) so the forest roads would give me something to do if she can't go.

The place I mentioned is in fact called Black Swamp. The established trails (old roads) are mostly firm. There will be wet spots and mud though. As far as for renting an ATV, you are sort of out of luck. I don't know of any place. If you do bring your bike I could be convinced to spend some time on one of mine this weekend. PM me if you want to plan something.