Sign in to follow this  

Sorry....Headlight "Revisited"

I know there are threads regarding removing the headlight from a WR250F so please bear with me.

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of how they setup up the ON switch after removing the headlight.

I have the 05 WR250F and the odometer and on button are hooked together. I don't really care about the odomenter but obviously the "ON" button is kinda crucial. Where would I move that too once the headlight is off?? :)

Thanks for the patience and help. :banghead:

i dont know if the pics will help, i used a switch from a yzf 4wheeler. i wired the push button ignition switch to the new on/off switch, its a sliding position type switch. then i wired the start button to the kill button. and finally the light switch, which actually has hi and low.

the whole package looks much cleaner and all the switches are eazy to access with your left thumb.

newgraphics005.jpg

newgraphics008.jpg

wr4.jpg

thanks for the pics and response. It does look very nice. A little more elaborate than what i'm looking to do tho.

Just wondering can i seperate the odometer from the on off switch? and then, where can i put the on off switch so its out of the way of the YZ number plate?

I didn't want to get into any rewirng really.

i dont think you need both a kill switch and on/off switch. they do the same thing, it would be like just hitting the on/off switch to turn off the bike instead of hitting the kill switch then the on/off.

put it on the bars where the kill switch is, just wire it to the on/off connector and disconnect the stock kill switch.

look at this link, the second from the bottom.

your on/off switch and start button all in one.

you really dont even need the kill switch!

http://www.epfguzzi.com/SWITCHES.HTM

Here is what I did.Right now it is just zip-tyed.I may try to do something else.You can't see it fro the front or side....

021.jpg